Thread: The man we need next election

The man we need next election

I wish Judge Napalitano would run this next go around. I rarely disagree with this man and he always sides with constitutional constraint. What a great man.

I have listened to him for years and he is a straight up guy.

Remember he warned Republicans like myself, we will regret some of the things done by the GOP party after 911 in the name of security. The judge said we already have the laws on the books to deal with this.
    After the War Between the States , WW 1, WW 2 and Cold War we have plenty legal options. Yet they felt the need to create more laws out of thin air. Now I regret it as he said I would. Now we have a lawless WH and justice department, that care less about domestic terror. Rather using the laws as a political weapon to punish or curtail rival political parties and leaders. Worse of all a club to silence and intimidate average Americans who fall out of political line. Yes I wish we had a man of integrity like the Judge on the SCOTUS or in the Justice department
    We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union

I agree that he almost always he hits the nail on the head when it comes to these issues. Norton brings out a good points. Bush did not do us any favors in many ways, two of which were the creation
    of D.H.S. and the other the Patriot Act (the greatest sellout of our individual freedom ever). Like all other powers the Federal Govt seizes they will never give it up and in fact will justify expanding
    upon it.

Edited: like jd said after me - I see him more as the attorney general candidate than as a candidate for president.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 10-27-2014 at 08:32 PM.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Senior Veteran

I'll vote for any Republican who runs..... but much as I like Judge Napolitano, and much as I admire his judgement and integrity, I would rather see him as Attorney General than President. Or maybe on the Supreme Court (wouldn't that make the Dem Senators' heads explode? )

After 8 long, long years, the first choice for me would be a state governor with a solid fiscal track record. Or maybe a city mayor with the same, could one be found - Giuliani for example, or this guy: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...n-d-williamson, though he'd really be a sleeper for Prez at this point.

EDIT:
    Haven't watched the vid yet - I'm at work and the net is sloooooow. Speeds up in the evening. We're on a T1 but it all goes through a microwave repeater so at times it's like fast dial up used to be. So that's a long way of saying he may convince me he should be prez in the video
    Last edited by jdowney; 10-27-2014 at 04:50 PM.

I am with Jdowney on this one since if on the Supreme Court you can make a lasting difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jdowney View Post
    I'll vote for any Republican who runs..... but much as I like Judge Napolitano, and much as I admire his judgement and integrity, I would rather see him as Attorney General than President. Or maybe on the Supreme Court (wouldn't that make the Dem Senators' heads explode? )

After 8 long, long years, the first choice for me would be a state governor with a solid fiscal track record. Or maybe a city mayor with the same, could one be found - Giuliani for example, or this guy: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...n-d-williamson, though he'd really be a sleeper for Prez at this point.

EDIT:
    Haven't watched the vid yet - I'm at work and the net is sloooooow. Speeds up in the evening. We're on a T1 but it all goes through a microwave repeater so at times it's like fast dial up used to be. So that's a long way of saying he may convince me he should be prez in the video
    We have never needed any new laws to govern decent law abiding citizens!

Just to enforce the old laws on the NEW ARRIVALS!

Senior Veteran
    I would also like to have him as an AG , but even more would like to have him on the scotus..

I like the idea of him having veto power and the chance of making a SCOTUS appointee, not to mention appointing an AG of his choice. I'm sure he has a few friends that are like minded .

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by david57 View Post
    I would also like to have him as an AG , but even more would like to have him on the scotus..
    This

I like him also but I don't honestly think he's electable. As much as I agree with what he has to say, he has an aura or attitude of superiority that would not appeal to the mainstream voter. Like it or not, perception is everything, and he just isn't the warm and fuzzy guy most voters are looking for. Go ahead and beat me up over it, but it's my opinion and I am slightly to the right of Darth Vadar.

Been reading the Judge for years, and reading his books. Good guy.

My biggest problem with elections is it always turns out that the Gov't wins.