Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New owner of the newest CETNE sporter C308. Initial impressions

I received my C308 on Tuesday. I ordered it from Prepper Gun Shop for $599.99 (Labor Day Sale). I've put somewhere around 100 rounds through it so far, using three different brands of budget ammo in seven different surplus G3 mags. I've had one failure to feed. My only issue so far has been that sometimes (no apparent rhyme or reason) the charging handle is REALLY hard to pull back.
    PTR 91, GI model - "Triple B"; Chinese Type 56 SKS - "The Snow Leopard"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rjinga View Post
    I received my C308 on Tuesday. I ordered it from Prepper Gun Shop for $599.99 (Labor Day Sale). I've put somewhere around 100 rounds through it so far, using three different brands of budget ammo in seven different surplus G3 mags. I've had one failure to feed. My only issue so far has been that sometimes (no apparent rhyme or reason) the charging handle is REALLY hard to pull back.
    Check your bolt gap and cocking tube gap if you haven't already. That might give you an idea of where you problem is coming from. Be sure and check out the Sticky by bladeworks123 on bolt gap and cocking tube gap. It helped me get my PTR back on line.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderline View Post
    Check your bolt gap and cocking tube gap if you haven't already. That might give you an idea of where you problem is coming from. Be sure and check out the Sticky by bladeworks123 on bolt gap and cocking tube gap. It helped me get my PTR back on line.
    I did check the gaps; they are within the recommend ranges. bladeworks123 sticky was gold!
    PTR 91, GI model - "Triple B"; Chinese Type 56 SKS - "The Snow Leopard"

New Recruit Private
    Has anyone removed the chevron style muzzle brake from the C308?

New Recruit Private
    I bought mine 95% new, out of the box awesome, until I tried mounting a smaller scope. Rail was welded on and not square so Iíll never be able to run anything other than iron unless I have the welds cut off, then I can mount the port buffer and not scare ppl at the range or need the screen.

New Recruit Private
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstryke View Post
    Has anyone removed the chevron style muzzle brake from the C308?
    Late reply, I'm sure it's been addressed...
    but I have removed mine, and put a standard A2 birdcage on my rifle.

My Century brake wasn't straight and true, and I was skimming at about 10 o'clock. Realized that was a disaster waiting to happen once I noted it. The barrel crown was fine, and the gun has run fine since. I contacted Century, and they offered an RMA, but I had a gunsmith check it out and it was the brake (nothing more, he assured me).

Quote Originally Posted by itshothere View Post
    I bought mine 95% new, out of the box awesome, until I tried mounting a smaller scope. Rail was welded on and not square so I’ll never be able to run anything other than iron unless I have the welds cut off, then I can mount the port buffer and not scare ppl at the range or need the screen.
    welcome to the board

depending on how "off" from square the rail is, there should be enough windage in the scope to overcome that. I would first shoot that with a scope and give it a try before hacking on it. you just might not need to

as for port buffer, you might not need that, my CETME and HK91 clones send the brass flying forward and a little to the right by a good 10 meters or so. it really kicks them out there
    Last edited by Ghoulardi; 06-22-2020 at 06:12 PM.
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

Veteran
    You'd be surprised how much play there is in most scopes. I have a Century PSL with a barrel mounted so crooked it could run for Congress. I mean it's so crooked you can see it. The reticle is way off center and it's weird to use, but it works!