Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New C308 Sporter from CAI

New C308 Sporter from CAI -Any Info????

I swear there was a post on these somewhere, but I can not find anything. Anyway I went to a small shop I deal with this morning and he had 3 of these in stock.
    He said all the sources were sold out at this time and he picked these up just before they ran out. I most certainly don't know a lot about Cetme(s) even though
    I own a couple. It appears these are kind of a hybrid -Cetme/HK parts. On the surface they looked decent, kind of the old black paint type finish as the old
    ones. What's the story on these??? BTW he had his marked for around $750., but usually will give me a good deal if I ask.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0

Updated: Old thread, but reappears from time to time - recommend reading this http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum...d-and-the-ugly
    Last edited by Buckshot; 04-01-2017 at 08:34 AM.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    I swear there was a post on these somewhere, but I can not find anything. Anyway I went to a small shop I deal with this morning and he had 3 of these in stock.
    He said all the sources were sold out at this time and he picked these up just before they ran out. I most certainly don't know a lot about Cetme(s) even though
    I own a couple. It appears these are kind of a hybrid -Cetme/HK parts. On the surfice they looked decent, kind of the old black paint type finish as the old
    ones. What's the story on these??? BTW he had his marked for around $750., but usually will give me a good deal if I ask.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/comp....html?Itemid=0
    This thread? http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum...al-impressions

I saw a video review on one the other day, guy took it apart and it had a Model B carrier inside. In the video it had bad recoil issues, made me wonder if he got a rare 60 degree LP and what kind of buffer it had in it.

Thanks Max R!

Read the thread - as I said I thought there was one on it. So far, so good. Is anyone else hearing/seeing other reports on these? Seems like they been out long enough there would be some
    history being established on it's reliability.

Mods, maybe this thread needs to be attached to the first one?, but for what it is worth maybe add something like (C308) or something to the title to make it easier for us slow folks to find. Thanks
    Last edited by Buckshot; 05-17-2015 at 01:02 PM.

Thanks Max R!

Read the thread - as I said I thought there was one on it. So far, so good. Is anyone else hearing/seeing other reports on these? Seems like they been out long enough there would be some
    history being established on it's reliability.

Mods, this thread probably needs to be attached to the first one, but for what it is worth maybe add something like (C308) or something to the title to make it easier for us slow folks to find. Thanks
    I hear some places are starting to sell them for under $600.00 now, don't pay $750.00! AIM had them however they sold out in under 48 hours.

HDH.
    Last edited by hansellhd; 05-16-2015 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hansellhd View Post
    I here some places are starting to sell them for under $600.00 now, don't pay $750.00! AIM had them however they sold out in under 48 hours.

HDH.
    I saw AIM had them only a day or two and they quickly disappeared. I don't even remember AIM's price, other than it seemed low. I wouldn't pay $750.00. I would like
    to see a reliability track record on them before I bought one. Maybe that was it, they're sold out and there won't be many more?? Trying to get that video to load,
    but not sure it will.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 05-17-2015 at 01:01 PM.

I saw AIM had them only a day or two and they quickly disappeared. I don't even remember AIM's price, other than it seemed low. I wouldn't pay $750.00. I would like
    to see a reliability track record on them before I bought one, but maybe that was it, they're sold out and there won't be many more?? Trying to get that video to load,
    but not sure it will.
    Buck the only thing stopping me from getting one was knowing the condition of the CETME internals that Century is using, until that's established I would hold back on these.
    Don't worry about AIM running out plenty more will be in the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by hansellhd View Post
    Buck the only thing stopping me from getting one was knowing the condition of the CETME internals that Century is using, until that's established I would hold back on these.
    Don't worry about AIM running out plenty more will be in the pipeline.
    Had one come to the shop yesterday, owner brought it in because he was having trouble with the front sight adjustment. The bolt carrier in it was very evident surplus that had been refinished. It showed lots of wear and had been shortened to achieve CT gap. There wasn't a lot of recoil guide bushing retainer left, maybe 1.5mm. Gap was .016 on +2 rollers and an obvious surplus LP that showed roller wear. CT gap was .023. Trunnion was clocked fairly good but the trunnion was a little proud of the rails and rails had some slight roller dimples. He had fired about 200 rounds through it. Fixed that easily by knocking down the corners. Receiver denial shelf weld job looked pretty crappy but all the other welds were typical. FCG housing fit a little sloppy but the ejector was at the right height. Owner said he had a couple of misfires but no ejection problems. Definitely better quality than what they started out with the first efforts. Probably worth the $650 price at most in my opinion on this one. After he left the shop I realized that I did not look at what buffer assembly they used, but it was a CETME backing plate and rod, so I'm assuming they did the modified buffer bolt thing like the old CETMES. He'll be bringing it back in, so maybe I can have time to take and post some good pictures.
    BATTLEMENT ARMS
    www.battlementarms.com

One other thing that I thought was interesting, and forgot to mention, was that the bolt carrier was a modelo B carrier, and it did not have a sear release lever denial cut in it.
    BATTLEMENT ARMS
    www.battlementarms.com

Charlie Don't Surf

I'll pin this thread for the time being, especially since it has the link to the other thread in it.
    In those moments where you're not quite sure if the undead are really dead, dead, don't get all stingy with your bullets.