Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New C308 Sporter from CAI

Good, now we know exactly what they are.

Thanks Blade.

HDH.
    Last edited by hansellhd; 05-17-2015 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hansellhd View Post
    Good now we know exactly what they are.
    +1, thanks bladeswork--
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Glad I went with the St Albans Rifle!

HDH.

Mine is still going strong and spitting steel like a boss. Other then that one incident of where i thought was trigger problems(me bump firing is what it ended up being) I changed my trigger pull a bit and it has rocked on ever since. This rifle is well worth it for 600-750 bucks. Of course save if you can. Sootch did a awesome review on it too, linked in this post. It is safe to say a number of experienced and critical guys are really impressed by the new builds. I cant say enough good things about it after going in with a very critical pessimist approach towards anything century.

I am finding out more and more about this rifle. It is basically a new PTR with cetme furniture and internals. Change some of those out if you want and you have a century stamped PTR. But hey i haven't had to change anything out and you can find my review on on here as well, max r linked it.

I am going to have to agree with sootch, if you can get one get one now because they are well built and once they are gone they are gone and not many were made either from my understanding. This is the last of the last cetme parts is what jacob from century was saying. From there the price is only going to go up as more people find out just how well built and scarce they really are.
    “If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English.” Homer Simpson

I got one for $599.99 (Labor Day Sale) from Prepper Gun Shop; it came this past Tuesday. I've put about 100 rounds of three different kinds of budget ammo (including steel-cased) through it so far, using seven different surplus G3 mags. I've only had one failure to feed.

I (well, my Georgia Tech/former Marine friend) did a little grinding on a small section of the lip of the charging handle slot. While checking the charging handle's travel (not under tension), he noticed that it caught as it came down out of the retention notch. Other than that, my only real "issue" so far is that sometimes it's just really difficult to charge. I've checked my bolt gap and cocking tube gap; both are within the proper ranges.

It definitely turns heads at the range, and is really fun to shoot. The attached photo is my first-ever try at shooting to 100 yds. I was shooting off of a table rest using the iron sights, and a spotter. Also, I'm a 55 yo sedentary man, and I have more soreness in my arm from trying to charge it than I do in my shoulder from shooting it. A .308/7.62 NATO, semi-auto battle rifle, with an 18" barrel, that takes $3.00 20-round surplus mags, for $600.00 is a great deal in my mind.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PTR 91, GI model - "Triple B"; Chinese Type 56 SKS - "The Snow Leopard"

New Recruit Private
    Hey guys, Mike here from Maryland I bought the Cetme C308 and thought the charging was rather stiff, I seen a video where someone else had purchased a HK21 charging handle and replaced, which is almost twice as long, that and breaking the gun down and giving it a good cleaning, these rifles are from original Cetme parts kits, most have been sitting for years packed in grease for storage, once I did both, the handle is much easier than before, my buddies been trying to get me buy an AR, but everybody under the sun has one and I am very glad I purchased the Cetme.

yeah mine is a hard to charge mother. Make matters worse I oiled it down after I shot it first time. Wouldn't feed. I got it feeding but was a scare at that moment. Still only thrown 20 rounds downrange so I don't have enough experience to even have an opinion other than Ive always wanted a battle rifle in.308 and not an AK.

New Recruit Private
    Picked up a Century C308, took it to the range and put out about 200rds, only had one ftf, shoots great. So far, well worth $650.00.

Glad to hear!! Welcome to the board! Pics please.
    METUS EST PLENUS TYRANNIS

COG#2011

New Recruit Private
    I love mine now that I welded the bolt carrier so I could charge it. The bolt gap was spot on no grinding of the bolt but the cut the charge end to short. It was so bad that I had to use a screw driver to open the bolt to charge it. It is a shooter now I think I'm going to be getting a couple more to play with soon.