Thread: 44mag.com making up the rules as they go

44mag.com making up the rules as they go

I ordered some AR 7.62X39 20 round mags from them,,,,they did not work...I returned them...they refunded part of my money and when I questioned this they said the part not refunded was a "restocking" fee WHICH IS LISTED NOWHERE ON THIER WEBSITE

===making a return.•Returns must be in new condition and must be received within 30 days of invoice date.
    •Used items that are defective are eligible for exchange only, no refunds on used items.
    •After 30 days any defective items need to be returned directly to the manufacturer.
    •Shipping costs are not refundable.
    •Your invoice number is your RMA (return merchandise authorization) number. Please mark it on the outside of your return box.
    •Send return postpaid. 44Mag will not be held liable for losses so we suggest you use insurance on return.Send returns to:
    44Mag Distributing
    PO Box 3321
    Brookings, OR 97415
    =====

I have emailed them back and awaiting their response.
    "Listen With Your Eyes"
    Wit, Grit, Courage and Determination

I received a return message this morning...evidently they "say" they received my return after the 30 day policy. Here is the reply I received:

"Your return was received after the 30 day return period and was not eligible for a refund. As a courtesy you were still refunded minus a restocking fee.

This will not be debated further. "

If it was after the 30 days, the they should have returned the mags to me.....

STILL they did NOT reply to the so called "RESTOCKING" charge they say was policy BUT NOT LISTED ON THE WEB SITE ANYWHERE....

My recommendation is.....DO NOT do business with these folks unless you plan on NO returns....

Time to let the masses know my experience....Business is Business.....
    "Listen With Your Eyes"

I don't know if Cableas still does it, but every order I got from them in the past had a return UPS shipping label. If you didn't like the item for any reason just put it back in the box - reseal the box, stick the return shipping label
    on and get full refund. Some companies are good about returns, others are not, but regardless the terms on returns should be clearly stated i.e. who pays for shipping if defective, etc, restocking fees and so on---. I don't
    really have a problem with a company having rules as long as they are clear what the rules are.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Cabelas still does that....

44mag.com did NOT have a "restocking fee" on their site...I would wager they will be adding that now since I have complained.....wait and see..

I paid the return shipping so I lost money in a couple ways....

live and learn
    "Listen With Your Eyes"

Administrator
    Please lodge a complaint against them with the Better Business Bureau in the state they operate in. While it may not help you, it may help someone else down the road. Also, these complaints can have a cumulative effect, changing the company policy.
    Let them know you plan to do it.
    " Little by little the look of the country changes because of the men we admire. "

HANG IN THERE
    WE'LL BE BACK!

Quote Originally Posted by k98k792 View Post
    Please lodge a complaint against them with the Better Business Bureau in the state they operate in. While it may not help you, it may help someone else down the road. Also, these complaints can have a cumulative effect, changing the company policy.
    Let them know you plan to do it.
    +1 and I am already working on it....and I did tell them in my last reply...not that I expect it will change anything.....
    "Listen With Your Eyes"