Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spade Grip 1919-A4 Worth Buying??

Rain ruined half of the last hay cutting so accessories are out right now., in fact I was not sure if I had enough to even get the 1919 this month.
    It is so close I am mailing Centerfire a check so I will not have to pay 3% card fee. Their shipping is only $19.95 so that help as it is a very heavy
    item. I am in a good mood though, I will get my long delayed 1919-A4. I likely will get the spade grip and possibly the crank-fire after I get through
    Christmas and kids birthdays, which are coming up fast.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Imperial Marine Stormtrooper
    The spades work great in full auto. Have never tried them in semi auto, but I think I would personally prefer the standard backplate in semi auto - once again, guessing, never tried it in semi auto.
    I bought the old Ohio Rapid Fire spade grips for my gun, and then bought some of the Colt / ANM2 grips from the owner of Browningmgs.com
    http://browningmgs.com/ANM2.htm

I have shot a gun with the Ohio Ordnance Works / Bob Landies spades and I can tell you that they are first rate, and much thicker than my spade grips. If you want some of the best made grips they are right up there with all the rest of Landies stuff. Worth $350? I say yes. I like a quality product and when I bought mine he wasn't making his yet and after seeing the difference between the mine and his, I would prefer the Landies over what I have.

I'm so glad you got the 1919 - I know you will be super happy that you bought it - feel free to ask any questions
    MFA King of Deleted Photos! I CANT SEE stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Perro Del Diablo View Post
    The spades work great in full auto. Have never tried them in semi auto, but I think I would personally prefer the standard backplate in semi auto - once again, guessing, never tried it in semi auto.
    I bought the old Ohio Rapid Fire spade grips for my gun, and then bought some of the Colt / ANM2 grips from the owner of Browningmgs.com
    http://browningmgs.com/ANM2.htm

I have shot a gun with the Ohio Ordnance Works / Bob Landies spades and I can tell you that they are first rate, and much thicker than my spade grips. If you want some of the best made grips they are right up there with all the rest of Landies stuff. Worth $350? I say yes. I like a quality product and when I bought mine he wasn't making his yet and after seeing the difference between the mine and his, I would prefer the Landies over what I have.

I'm so glad you got the 1919 - I know you will be super happy that you bought it - feel free to ask any questions
    Thanks Mike! I also been looking at the anti-aircraft sights IMA has. I am not sure how practical they are, but again the cool factor (LOL). Ever try using them yourself??

rear - http://www.ima-usa.com/browning-m-19...-assembly.html
    front - http://www.ima-usa.com/m-1919a4-anti...ight-post.html

Imperial Marine Stormtrooper
    That's the thing with Browning machine guns, there is so much stuff available for them that its a collectors dream. I had more fun assembling everything for my browning than I did buying my gun, and I have way more money into gear for my gun than I do my transferable Ramo.

I have the 1928 Colt anti aircraft sights.

If you still need some belts, let me know once you have recovered

Mike
    MFA King of Deleted Photos! I CANT SEE stuff

Sent check last week, they got it Friday and to my surprise shipping it today (Monday). I figured they would have to wait for the check to clear, but maybe they
    have a way to process the check on the spot? Even with a debit/credit card this would be some fast shipping. Anyway, I am pumped up waiting for it to get here!

Make sure to read up on headspace ng then blast away.
    Czar of all the Michigans
    In memory of Johnhttp://act.alz.org/goto/Weasel