Thread: Eagle Grips for revolver

Eagle Grips for revolver

I love revolvers, especially the old K-frame Smith and Wessons, but I've never liked most of the grips I could get. The standard "Coke bottle" grips are too small and don't fill in the space in front of the frame, while the oversized "target" grips are too big, flare too much at the bottom, and are difficult to conceal. I recently found a company called Eagle Grips which had just what I thought I wanted. Here they are on a Model 19 with a Model 13 wearing target grips for comparison. I really like the feel and I look forward to shooting the revolver with them on it. They cost $150 and it took three months to get them, so I'm not sure I'll order another pair, but I suppose I might if I really like them.
    2016-01-1009.52.36 (1).jpg2016-01-1009.53.17.jpg

Nice, I like the grips. I love my Mod 19, it came new (many years ago) with what they called Combat grips.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Nice, I like the grips. I love my Mod 19, it came new (many years ago) with what they called Combat grips.
    I've never liked finger grooves. For some reason, they just don't fit my grip. I like their look, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalryman View Post
    I've never liked finger grooves. For some reason, they just don't fit my grip. I like their look, though.
    Mine doesn't have the finger grooves, I don't care for them either - like you they never fit my grip.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

I know this thread is three years old, but somehow I never got around to updating it after I tried the grips. They had a sharp, uncomfortable seam at the front where the two grips came together. With some fine sandpaper I eliminated that and they felt very good. Off to the range I went to discover that the relief cut on the left grip panel isn't large enough to allow the use of speedloaders. Back to the shop and with some judicious use of a Dremel tool, I opened the cut enough to allow me to use speedloaders, in the process removing part of the S&W medallion on the left grip. Then I had to refinish them with TruOil. Now they are just what I wanted -- the right size and the right feel. However, considering that they cost $150, I feel pretty screwed. For that price I should not have to make adjustments; they should come out of the box ready to use. I was very disappointed and would not buy them again.

Cavalryman,nice grips,now that you got the fit and feel take those stock S&W grips and make them look and feel like the eagles.
    either you LIKE BACON or you're WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by bhound View Post
    Cavalryman,nice grips,now that you got the fit and feel take those stock S&W grips and make them look and feel like the eagles.
    I've thought of that, but I'm not sure I have the woodworking skills for it.

I always like to hear about people with talent in metal and wood. Glad you could make the changes you wanted. They look just right on that gun.
    RRRROOOWWWRRR PHHT PHHT I AM THE FORCE!