Thread: Military Profile Settings

Military Profile Settings

Hi all,

Is there a way that I can not have a military rank and "veteran" label with my picture and such when I post?

I'm not super duper active on this forum anymore but when I do post I'd like to change this.

I did not serve in the military and have a tremendous amount of respect for those that did and don't want to even LOOK like I'm saying otherwise.
    We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Romans 5:3,4

Super Moderator
    The veteran means your a veteran poster here not that you served in the military. The ranks are post count generated and signifies only your participation in the forum and nothing else. If it really concerns you send a PM to M1tanker and see if he can disable it for you. But no one here thinks that you are being a poser in any way by these items.

Quote Originally Posted by Milsurp View Post
    The veteran means your a veteran poster here not that you served in the military. The ranks are post count generated and signifies only your participation in the forum and nothing else. If it really concerns you send a PM to M1tanker and see if he can disable it for you. But no one here thinks that you are being a poser in any way by these items.
    Yessir thanks, I PM'ed M1. Much appreciated.

I didnt think as much of it years back. But now with the advent, or regeneration, of stolen valor and fake valor, I just bristle with even the inference that someone could misunderstand if I sent them a link to the forum and they saw my account. Just my own personal preference.

Love those vets and my hat goes off to them.. They put it all on the line while I was back here enjoying all the free-to-me freedom..
    We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

Romans 5:3,4