Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Shop/Secured Storage Building Project

Senior Veteran
    Can you put one on top of another one? Your ceiling is probably not tall enough, but that would save a lot of floor space.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by scottz63 View Post
    Can you put one on top of another one? Your ceiling is probably not tall enough, but that would save a lot of floor space.
    12 foot center, plus with my injuries, I doubt I would be happy carrying heavy items up and down steps. I could drop back to 2 containers or re-arrange the setup if push come to shove.
    Anyway, heavy rain is coming it will be a few days before any new happens.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

There will always be things that are out of our control. You can only do what you can when you can and a project such as this is a great reminder of that. Now if that rain is the only thing bothering you just pack it up and send it to me. We haven't had any to speak of in near a month. I hope all goes well and you soon get to see the end in sight.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Walls take up 8" around or 16" total. Just have to try it and see, prepared to make a change in plans is necessary. I would like as close to 5' (gap) as I can get, but can go down to 4', but that is minimum.
    BS,

quick math says your gonna have right at 4'... STILL thats plenty wide enough for a bathroom in a shop...

cause if your going DOWN that length to set your stuff up? you can go full size shower on the wall.. toilet, sink & still have tons of room longways. :-)

if you were wanting to go across that space? then it might be tight. doable but tight!

so stay positive! this is gonna be an awesome space/shop!

really looking forward to you getting those in place, cause im gonna USE IT when showing my wife about adding on to mine.
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Just a rough sketch showing three (3) containers vs two (2). I think you can see why I would like the toilet and shower in that back corridor as they
    need privacy and could easily be closed off from the open shop space.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That looks like a good plan Buckshot. Just a thought but it might be a good use of space, if it is wide enough, to turn the shower and put it in the back corner. I can see where having the sink just outside of the bathroom would be a good idea especially if you use a large rectangular laundry room style sink or a large sink in a counter to give you work area and storage. Is the outside width of the storage containers 8ft or is that the inside width? If it is the inside width you may end up with a very tight corridor.
    Last edited by The Great 308; 04-21-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Outside width of containers is 8'. I believe we will likely turned the shower, as you mentioned, and put it in back corner. I wanted sink where I could easy get to it in
    open area of shop. Be using it for many things, plus likely set up small kitchen/table area to use out there. Surprised so many of the utility sinks now are plastic, I
    believe I found a decent stainless steel one with side drain platform I might order.

Senior Veteran
    I think it's a good Idea to put the sink in an accessible area for ease of use. Is it going to be a deep basin sink?
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Big thing will be to get the water lines/drainage set before they fill and pour pad. They did run them thru the blocks for us, so we do not have
    to deal with that. I have time latter to find exactly what I want on sink/shower, toilet. When the building is up my first priority is to get it wired
    with lights and outlets, etc. Without windows it will be pretty dark in there (LOL).

Something like this??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Just a rough sketch showing three (3) containers vs two (2). I think you can see why I would like the toilet and shower in that back corridor as they
    need privacy and could easily be closed off from the open shop space.
    YUP i follow ya... thats what i saw in my head for the long ways option as well.

be careful of putting a shower against that back wall crossways to your boxes if you go that way.... makes it dang near impossible to get to the pipes if you need to change anything.

location in your picture would be much easier as you could access it from either end.
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.