Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Shop/Secured Storage Building Project

BS,

those are some really nice containers !!! those are in excellent shape!

& you did gain a really nice loft area up there that you werent planning on.... very nice! know you ended up throwing a few extra $$'s into this project, but man you are gonna come out very nice on the long end!

now you just need a few anchor bolts drilled into the pad & you are set!
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Buck,i like it!maybe you got some leftover metal,could cover front of boxes?
    either you LIKE BACON or you're WRONG

The front of each container have 4 heavy locking rods (2 for ea door,) all which can takes locks. Plus a chain could be wrapped around them for 5th lock. I will likely take a hair drier and remove
    the advertisement stickers, etc. At the most I might paint the front of the boxes, but the white factory lettering does not bother me too much. It is a semi-secure storage building with an
    office hangout area, so does not have to be perfect. My fireman buddy still has the coke machine for me. Wood stove will go in. Setup big screen TV with VCR for movies (I have not
    had TV for years), big nice wooden rockers, couch, to relax in, desk/computer area, frig/micro wave, etc. I decided to keep most shop work in old smaller shop building - keep the mess
    there. Move much of the stuff store in it to new building, so that would free up space. My son thinks I should treat plywood floor in containers, might do that. They are actually kind
    of nice with Polyurethane or something similar put on them. The one for storm shelter will have cot/recliners, etc in it, plus some supplies. In addition to central heat/air will dehumidify building.
    I may do the two containers I am using for collection individually, as they seal air tight. I will need to make sure one for storm shelter has some ventilation for safety.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 06-15-2017 at 09:32 AM.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Getting close to finishing builder part. Overhead door guy likely be here tomorrow to hang door. Builder will do porch/landing for side door and sidewalk before he finishes. Started
    cleaning up mess. Also hung gutters both sides.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Buckshot; 06-15-2017 at 06:29 PM.

It is looking great! Pretty soon you will be relaxing with your favorite beverage in your new building. I don't know if it is your style or not but it might be kind of cool to put a bunch of gun and gun accessory stickers on the doors to the sea boxes.

Senior Veteran
    That looks outstanding! A little bit jealous here. Lol
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Super Moderator
    Looks great Buck. What kind of apron is going in front of the roll-up door?
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    To old to fight, To slow to run, But I can still shoot!!!

COG#111

Quote Originally Posted by Milsurp View Post
    Looks great Buck. What kind of apron is going in front of the roll-up door?
    Not sure yet? I may not even put one right now. I am not using the building for vehicles, boats, ridding lawn mowers, and the likes, so at the most I would be backing up
    to overhead door to unload a heavy item, such as that coke machine my friend got for me, or wood stove, etc. Once the building is outfitted I don't think I will be using it
    much at all. Big thing I need is the walk up (pad)for the side door, which he should work on today.

As the foundation base is twice as wide as needed (commercial), wide enough to lay an entire second wall of concrete blocks on it, my son thought it would
    look nice to cover it (put a 18" barrier) of crush white rock all around the building.

BTW yesterday two of the crew were on top of the containers putting in trim standing upright, so I will definitely be laying a plywood floor on them for loft storage,
    etc. Likely build some sort of steps up to top in the rear of left hand corridor. The stairway would be out of the way there. Going to be a great place to store numerous
    gun containers, shipping boxes I saved and other items.

Once the builder finishes his part, next step will be my brother starting the wiring and getting central heat/air unit going and a few working lights. Getting into hot and
    muggy season and once the overhead door is on the closed the building would be too dark to work in. The wiring may take a while to finish as even the containers will need
    lights, plugins, plus all the lights, over head fans, and so on for the rest of the building. Get the a.c. working and enough lights to see and then work on finishing
    it. My bother is an "ace' at wiring, but will be driving down here as his time permits to work on it, so might take a few weeks to get it done right. After that I will
    worry about connecting to septic tank, getting water line to it and toilet/sink, setup. Also decide how to get propane to it, might just buy a 500 gal tank for that
    building alone. I have two 500 gallon tanks setup for house and other sheds, but don't think I want to tail end on that system for this new building.

Speaking of needing storm shelter - my little town was hit by something last night - straight line winds, funnel cloud? Trees and power lines down. I am about 3 miles north
    and it missed me. Partner said he had huge limbs tore off a Mable tree next to his house tossed 30-40 yards thru the air. Yep, storm shelters are nice to have.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 06-16-2017 at 08:04 AM.

Overhead door guy was not here today, but they got the side walk done to the side door. It is connected in to the existing sidewalk in front of the pump house that goes to
    the house and also the small shop building. Needs to bolt down the containers when he picks up forms, etc, and then builder is done on his part.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Veteran
    Looking great man. Does it have a gutter along the door side? Reason I ask is the building we had done didn't and the rain splashing off of the door landing has rotted out the framing on our door already. That's a hard learned lesson.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776.