Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Florida shoot # 35

Mick, I heard about your cat Sat and I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and family member. As far as the range goes, I knew it was coming. When I left there to go home Sat I was pretty sure right then I wouldn't be back. If they keep it up they might as well forget renting that range and convert into something they can have full control over.
    I thought I'd add this in here. It's the first time I shot with the forum up front at the main range. After that we started renting area 51. I didn't think it was that long ago.
    http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum...da-shoot/page2
    Last edited by 7.62guy; 05-22-2017 at 12:12 PM.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Veteran
    It's always hard to loose a friend ,lucky you had him for 18,we've never had one make it that long .my favorite only was around for a year.he ate a toy and got stuck .major surgery and he came thru,but he did It again and we didn't catch it soon enoughimage.jpg

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by automick View Post
    Thanks to those that were able to attend.
    I had to put my 18 yr old cat to sleep...very sad day for me.
    As far as the shoot and range are concerned...That was the last one at area 51 or at manatee.
    Apparently there was a magic pistol bullet that went 100 yds down range....made a right turn and then another right turn
    onto a range 200 yds to the right.
    The new management have been increasingly hostile for the last several shoots.
    Always a new hoop to jump thru any time i went in the office to pay.
    They just dont like military type semi auto firearms or full auto.
    Dave was told we have to have 2 million dollar liability insurance to rent the range.
    Anyway a few of our guys are looking for another place for our little get togethers.
    If Anyone knows of some land or a range...please let me know.
    For more info you can check out ar15...florida hometown.
    ATB mick.
    Well it was a good run while it lasted. Made it to 35 that's awesome. I have been thinking of having a Militaryfirearm alumni get together somewhere that was just like the first one. Just meet somewhere and shoot for the day. More on this later in a different thread.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    To old to fight, To slow to run, But I can still shoot!!!

COG#111

That's a shame, sorry to hear that we no longer have Area 51 as a meet up, ares training facility is a good option but a bit North compared to you guys who live south

Veteran
    Funny part was ,when it happened second time ,I don't think any one was shooting down range,just off to the left shooting full auto into the left hand berm

Super Moderator
    They have been doing that since the second shoot there. Coming back yelling about ricochet bullets. For whatever reason they decided they don't want you there.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    To old to fight, To slow to run, But I can still shoot!!!

COG#111

Senior Veteran
    Sorry to hear about your cat. We lost our 18 year old cat last year. It's hard.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Thank you all for the kind words regarding WOOKIE...yes he was the wook.
    Funny thing....my mother passed on april 20th at the age of 84....went back to wales and sorted it all out.
    She had 2 cats that my sis and i were able to re home...they are on a farm in cornwall.
    It sure sucks when you loose a pet.
    Perhaps i will find a couple of kittys that want to live with me and cyndi in a few weeks.
    ATB mick.
    If its to bright....call ELLIOT LUCAS.!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimm5 View Post
    ,me Dave and 762 ,didn't know you were there ,my bad.should have introduced myself to everyone. I was gonna say I was the old balding guy ,slightly overweight ,but that wouldn't hav narrowed it down much
    Hey! I resemble that remark.

Sucks about Manatee's decision regarding future shoots. Is anyone familiar with Okeechobee Shooting Sports? Never been there personally but know they advertise private bays for rent. $20 per shooter and bring your own RSO or hire one of theirs for the day. I know a few guys from the east coast and another forum who travel to shoot tactical there.

Again, a newbie to the event but would hate to see the tradition end.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by automick View Post
    Thank you all for the kind words regarding WOOKIE...yes he was the wook.
    Funny thing....my mother passed on april 20th at the age of 84....went back to wales and sorted it all out.
    She had 2 cats that my sis and i were able to re home...they are on a farm in cornwall.
    It sure sucks when you loose a pet.
    Perhaps i will find a couple of kittys that want to live with me and cyndi in a few weeks.
    ATB mick.
    My condolences as well Mick. I had a Maine Coon that made it to 15. A dog owner now with 2 rescue pits in the house. I love them more than I like most people. Good luck on the hunt for a new family member.