Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Florida shoot # 35

Dont let it get out of hand Mick,It really will take the fun out of it when a bunch of people show up that no one knows.Thats the main reason I stopped.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by herian67 View Post
    Dont let it get out of hand Mick,It really will take the fun out of it when a bunch of people show up that no one knows.Thats the main reason I stopped.
    ^^^this^^^^ that's why I gave up. Concerned about getting sued by someone doing something stupid that I didn't even invite and nobody knows who they were. Started out with 8-10 members/friends just getting together to shoot and BS at shoot #2. The good old days when we were shooting refrigerators, lawn tractors and stuff.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    To old to fight, To slow to run, But I can still shoot!!!

COG#111

Well this isn't some bs ...im thinking I figured this out im on the phone RIGHT NOW ..........the guys meant well trying to get more people to come,but didn't ask us first so ive asked them to remove there posting info . ......... Im sorry you guys stopped coming and we had to let the ar 15 crew in that I shoot with mick and I had to pay for the range .okay that's coming down im not going to have guys we don't know shooting with us safety is top on the list ....wish the old crew would show up it was nice when mick brought me the first time to shoot with you guys .
    Last edited by 4719dave; 05-04-2017 at 08:12 PM.

Veteran
    Hey guys didn't mean to cause a fuss,but I agree with what your saying.thats why I posted it .i go to check out everyone else's guns and shoot stuff,including breezebig difference between friends shooting for fun and a machine gun shoot where people can come up and rent them.i like having other locals into military guns and militaria

My last shoot we had people drive in after it started just wandering around fondling peoples guns.Turns out hes a friend of a friend of a friend who said its ok to show up and shoot our guns for 20 bucks.I had the vibe he was there to steal.I didn't care if someone brought 20 guests but they better be able to vouch for them all.Last thing Mick needs is a idiot suing him.

I am going to try to make this one.
    Last edited by herian67; 05-05-2017 at 04:29 AM.

Senior Veteran
    I personally don't like shooting in big groups. Usually just two of us with a max of 4 when we go to the range. We also get there very early to have the range to ourselves for awhile.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Ok guys...its taken care of by dave.
    I wont have a bunch of people that no one knows showing up.
    If someone brings a friend...they need to vouch for him or her.
    Yes i remember the good old days...8 or 10 shooters...but the rental was cheaper then.
    It now cost $360.00 bucks to rent the range...that equals 18 paid shooters at $20 each.
    Just my 02...but i feel much safer with people i know than folks at the local public range.
    Anyway Please feel free to chime in if you think there is anything we can do better.
    ATB...mick and dave.
    If its to bright....call ELLIOT LUCAS.!

Veteran
    Thanks as always Mick. See you on Saturday.

New Recruit Private
    Had so much fun at the last one, won't miss out on this one. Hopefully the homemade bacon will make an appearance.

When I finish my coffee this morning I'm going to dig around in the safes and get a couple of guns out and ready to take with me tomorrow. Now if I can decide which ones. Hope to see everyone Sat.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson