Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: Just ordered a Yugo M57.

  1. #11
    Senior Veteran
    scottz63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central Mo.
    Posts
    1,589
    Rep Power
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Yea, supply getting low, use to come with holster and two mags.
    Yup, I missed the boat on those, as usual. Lol
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

  2. #12
    Buckshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest corner, Arkansas
    Posts
    10,652
    Rep Power
    599
    OK, here is the 4 - top is the Polish and Romanian, the bottom two are the Yugos. The picture with two pistols are the older C&R Yugo and new
    re-production one. You can see the holes on both side of the C&R where I removed the on safety. IIRC the only thing holding it in was a edge
    of it was under the pistol grip. Took grip off and pulled it out. You can see the factory re-production has the safety in a different location
    and was professionally done.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

  3. #13
    Senior Veteran
    scottz63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central Mo.
    Posts
    1,589
    Rep Power
    138
    Very nice! Thanks for the pics.

    I need to get me one of those dark brown surplus holsters for it. I like them.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

  4. #14
    Senior Veteran sdk1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,162
    Rep Power
    238
    more awesome BS photos!


    hey got some news for you guys on this.... some of the safety's were crap as BS said.... you can either fix it or take it out.. YES the combat grips DO cover the hole for that safety if you take it out.

    now about those magazines....

    TT33 mags are too short for the 57's... BUT all of my 57 mags click right into any of my TT33's.. YES they do stick out 1rnd worth on the bottom.. but they do work!
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

  5. #15
    Senior Veteran
    scottz63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central Mo.
    Posts
    1,589
    Rep Power
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post
    more awesome BS photos!


    hey got some news for you guys on this.... some of the safety's were crap as BS said.... you can either fix it or take it out.. YES the combat grips DO cover the hole for that safety if you take it out.

    now about those magazines....

    TT33 mags are too short for the 57's... BUT all of my 57 mags click right into any of my TT33's.. YES they do stick out 1rnd worth on the bottom.. but they do work!
    So, what is usually wrong with the safety's on the M57? Poor fit?
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

  6. #16

    WildBillCody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Posts
    3,693
    Rep Power
    301
    Never had an issue with my safety, I guess I was lucky. They are fun to shoot, hell of a blast comes out the end.
    I love you guys...

  7. #17
    Buckshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest corner, Arkansas
    Posts
    10,652
    Rep Power
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by scottz63 View Post
    So, what is usually wrong with the safety's on the M57? Poor fit?
    IIRC when you shoot the gun they will jump around and lock the slide (engage the safety back on) - anyway - whatever they did I could get one or two shots off and the
    safety would shut it down. I would have to screw with it to start shooting again. It came out of the gun in a hurry (LOL). I think it was a hurry up feature they added to
    meet the import requirements and they put it in a bad location, just to make it easy for them to slap it in.

    Lots of complaints on it looking online, but for some it seem to work OK. Hopefully yours will.

    I may have to get a set of those combat grips for mine. I don't like looking at the holes (LOL)
    Last edited by Buckshot; 04-03-2017 at 01:25 PM.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

  8. #18
    Senior Veteran
    scottz63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central Mo.
    Posts
    1,589
    Rep Power
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by WildBillCody View Post
    Never had an issue with my safety, I guess I was lucky. They are fun to shoot, hell of a blast comes out the end.
    Looking forward to the "hell of a blast" comming out the end! Lol! Gonna be fun at the range.



    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    IIRC when you shoot the gun they will jump around and lock the slide (engage the safety back on) - anyway - whatever they did I could get one or two shots off and the
    safety would shut it down. I would have to screw with it to start shooting again. It came out of the gun in a hurry (LOL). I think it was a hurry up feature they added to
    meet the import requirements and they put it in a bad location, just to make it easy for them to slap it in.

    Lots of complaints on it looking online, but for some it seem to work OK. Hopefully yours will.

    I may have to get a set of those combat grips for mine. I don't like looking at the holes (LOL)
    I will just have to see when I get it. Hopefully no problems out of the safety.
    Last edited by scottz63; 04-03-2017 at 07:29 PM.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

  9. #19
    Senior Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Eastern Iowa
    Posts
    550
    Rep Power
    108
    I would like to see a pic of the combat grips if anyone is so inclined

  10. #20
    Senior Veteran
    scottz63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central Mo.
    Posts
    1,589
    Rep Power
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by mga4848 View Post
    I would like to see a pic of the combat grips if anyone is so inclined
    Here.

    combat grips.jpg
    combat grips1.JPG

    There are other styles out there as well.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Similar Threads

  1. Ordered my first PTR-91 Monday.
    By scottz63 in forum Cetme/HK
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-31-2015, 03:07 AM
  2. Ordered M1A NM
    By Hickok in forum M-14/M1A
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 08:18 PM
  3. ordered this ammo...
    By nowhereman in forum Ammunition
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 10:09 AM
  4. Ordered my New Ar .308 today
    By QuickDrawMcGraw in forum AR-15
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 03:43 PM
  5. Ordered a Yugo SKS M59 from CAI...then........
    By Longhorn789 in forum AK-47/74
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 09:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •