Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HK 93 Wood Stock

New Recruit Private

Do you do these handguard conversion and offer them for sale?

A couple of decades ago I had purchased an HK91 with every accessory I could find they made (except wood stocks as I didn't see those offered at the time). I sold it to pay for something after I got married and have regretted it ever since. I recently purchased a PTR91 to rectify that regret to and extent but it came with the black synthetic stock (and HK bi-pod) I would prefer the look of the wood furniture on it but do not want to give up the factory bi-pod collar. Do you have any for sale or know where I can get my hands on that and a wood grip?

Senior Veteran

The supply of handguards is limited by available surplus, which is pretty much non-existent these days. Now and then you'll find a surplus stock set for around $200.

Grips are much easier, go to RTG parts and sign up for the email notification of when they are back in stock. 99% of the wood grips you see out there were made by me and sold through RTG, and one day soon I'm going to catch up on the back log. I have about 100 blanks I'm working on now, I hope to have them turned into grips by fall. I'm just one guy with a duplicating carver, a spindle sander, and unfortunately a day job, but I genuinely enjoy supplying hk and cetme owners with the grips they want at a reasonable price, so I'm motivated to keep producing them until no one buys them any more

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jdowney View Post
    The supply of handguards is limited by available surplus, which is pretty much non-existent these days. Now and then you'll find a surplus stock set for around $200.

Grips are much easier, go to RTG parts and sign up for the email notification of when they are back in stock. 99% of the wood grips you see out there were made by me and sold through RTG, and one day soon I'm going to catch up on the back log. I have about 100 blanks I'm working on now, I hope to have them turned into grips by fall. I'm just one guy with a duplicating carver, a spindle sander, and unfortunately a day job, but I genuinely enjoy supplying hk and cetme owners with the grips they want at a reasonable price, so I'm motivated to keep producing them until no one buys them any more
    And mighty fine grips they are!
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer