Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ishapore jungle carbine cracked rear reciever

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    New Recruit

Ishapore jungle carbine cracked rear reciever

So I am a lover of enfields and when I saw this Ishapore 2a1 in jungle carbine configuration on consignment at the shop I had to have it... My mistake for not giving it a thorough inspection. Anyway I took it out to shoot it and fed it about 20 rounds of silver bear (very weak pressures) and when I got it home to clean it I noticed this.

IMG_20170524_081849573.jpg

It's right underneath the clip guide in the front of the trigger housing. Does this seem like a big deal to anyone? I can't tell if it's a safety issue or not? Can it be fixed with a skilled hand and a TIG welder? Let me know what you think.

With it right next to the left lug recess I'd never trust.

Ouch, I would say it could be fixed, technically a weld should be as strong or stronger than the original metal. But it's not for the average Joe....I would say at a minimum, v-groove the heck out of the cracked area, tig weld it and re-cut the slots, then re-harden the whole receiver, I think the problem is finding someone who would take on the job (liability) without spending more money than the whole gun is worth after it's fixed.

One good thing , there isn't a lot of collectablilty in that gun, one, because it is an Ishapore, and two, because it is already "bubbad", I would say look for another stripped receiver and just switch out all of the parts, that might be your best bet. Use that one for a paperweight.
    my .02
    I love you guys...

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/barreled-r...nd-308-2a.aspx

I defiantly think this is your answer, I just went back and looked these are barreled receivers! all you would have to do is cut it down to your length and pin on the brake, you could do that at home without any special tools.
    Last edited by WildBillCody; 05-24-2017 at 12:39 PM.
    I love you guys...

New Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by WildBillCody View Post
    http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/barreled-r...nd-308-2a.aspx

I defiantly think this is your answer, I just went back and looked these are barreled receivers! all you would have to do is cut it down to your length and pin on the brake, you could do that at home without any special tools.
    Awesome find! That does look like my best bet. Tanks

This is your rifle right?
    27185710_4.jpg

You should be good with just removing the FSB, cutting down the barrel, recrown it and reinstall the FSB (and the rest of your parts). Hopefully the new barrel will be nice, at worst you'll have to have them switched.

BTW don't forget we have a recrowning tool for rent.

Also BTW, thanks for the rep power....look at my number now, 303 ha....we shot them under rule .303.....lov it

I had one of those years ago, couldn't hit the broad side of the barn, standing inside the barn.....enfieldJC.jpg
    This is my JC now,
    scoutfin2.jpg
    Last edited by WildBillCody; 05-24-2017 at 03:34 PM.
    I love you guys...

New Recruit Private
    I have a 1916 ishy, it doesn't like paki ammo the firing pin is a little off center, but my carbine eats anything I feed it, is htere a way to center the firing pin on the ishy and make it strike a little deeper? I can see some small difference in the firing pin strike between the carbine and the ishy. the ishy will shoot commercial ammo.

thank you, all assistance will be appreciated. you can email me at mkdm0@aol.com.

You can screw out the firing pin to make it stick out of the bolt head more. Not, sure how it is off center, is the hole in the middle of the bolt head? If the pin is bent, get a new one or you can try to straighten it.
    I love you guys...

Check the firing pin protrusion against what it is supposed to be. I'd almost bet there is some crud or dried grease in the bolt if the protrusion is short. If you adjust anything always check the protrusion. A quick search showed .040" to .050" for protrusion.
    Last edited by Moleman; 06-01-2017 at 10:25 PM.

Well, what is the status of this resurrection??? Is she going to make it?
    I love you guys...