Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ishapore jungle carbine cracked rear reciever

Quote Originally Posted by ChewbacaTW View Post
    Precisely!
    Well, I don't think there is any comparison, I mean these type of carbines were replaced by the newer ones for a reason, but it should be fun anyway. I don't think you can "compete" with them in a match environment (speed shooting), I would say in real world shooting,(hunting.....not firefight, thankfully, we are not there yet is this country) I think it would hold it's own.
    I love you guys...

New Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by WildBillCody View Post
    Well, I don't think there is any comparison, I mean these type of carbines were replaced by the newer ones for a reason, but it should be fun anyway. I don't think you can "compete" with them in a match environment (speed shooting), I would say in real world shooting,(hunting.....not firefight, thankfully, we are not there yet is this country) I think it would hold it's own.
    That contrast that you speak of is exactly what I'm interested in. I have several AR's and AK's and have used them in a 2 gun match. Now I'm kinda curious to experience how much more stressful and difficult it is to put rounds downrange under pressure with an old school battle rifle.

It's funny you bring up hunting. I was thinking how much nicer it would be to carry the jungle carbine through the woods to hunt with instead of with my 14 lbs LR-308 (my only modern 30 caliber rifle with an optic) that I took hunting last year. No optic but hey... lots of elk have been tipped over with iron sights, I just gotta do my part. And now, with a new bubbuh'd receiver I might as well mount an optic rail to it. eh?

If you are thinking about saving that receiver talk to Matt at guns northwest.He mostly does AK rewelds .It may be fixable.But he would tell you yes or no.

I don't think a mismatched bolt counts as bubba, but that's just me, you can get a gunsmithless mount. Iron sights have killed many an animal.
    I love you guys...

New Recruit Private
    I have a 1916 ishy, it doesn't like paki ammo the firing pin is a little off center, but my carbine eats anything I feed it, is htere a way to center the firing pin on the ishy and make it strike a little deeper? I can see some small difference in the firing pin strike between the carbine and the ishy. the ishy will shoot commercial ammo.

thank you, all assistance will be appreciated. you can email me at mkdm0@aol.com.

You can screw out the firing pin to make it stick out of the bolt head more. Not, sure how it is off center, is the hole in the middle of the bolt head? If the pin is bent, get a new one or you can try to straighten it.
    I love you guys...

Check the firing pin protrusion against what it is supposed to be. I'd almost bet there is some crud or dried grease in the bolt if the protrusion is short. If you adjust anything always check the protrusion. A quick search showed .040" to .050" for protrusion.
    Last edited by Moleman; 06-01-2017 at 10:25 PM.

Well, what is the status of this resurrection??? Is she going to make it?
    I love you guys...

New Recruit
    Went by the gun store today. They said they had ordered and paid for a barreled receiver from the source you gave me. (They had made the order 2 weeks ago) The Guy told me that he had called them again yesterday asking where the order was and apparently they were out of stock but they had taken the money so he's hoping the order will still be filled. So hurry up and wait still

I would call them directly, you could still do that, in fact, I would have just ordered it from them and had it shipped to my gun store. but that's just me, I don't like relying on others, they tend to let me down. They are really helpful at Sarco.
    I love you guys...