Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: My UZI carbine build.

Quote Originally Posted by scottz63 View Post
    Nice! I love shooting mine in both calibers but I like .45 more. Shooting 9mm in it fells like shooting a .22 with all the weight of the UZI. .45 has a better feel when pulling the trigger, more kick and sound but still fully controllable. It makes a much bigger/easier to see hole as well!

Edit: U.S. Barrel Shrouds just recently received more .45 conversion kits in after a long time without them.

http://shop-usbarrelshrouds-com.3dca...CK-_p_158.html
    Little off subject, but we also fired that .45 a.c.p. semi Thompson that I just SBRd yesterday. It is also heavy and easy to control, but did not like those converted F/A mags
    I have for it. I finally got a 50 rd drum out and it worked fine with it. You are right those .45 a.c.p. rounds leave a nice big hole in the targets! Again, I need to look at
    a .45 conversion for the UZI. BTW I ordered 1,000 rds of 124 gr +P for the Uzi. Will see how they work out. Yesterday just standard 115 gr loads.

Spent 30 minutes loading mags, setting up target, another 45 minutes picking up brass, putting things away and cleaning the Uzi. Total firing time
    for me (two 32 rd mags) was about 6 seconds (LOL). Son also ran 50rds thru it. I had put a new barrel on the Uzi and wanted to check it out.

I checked and the link you listed and they are out of stock. It says semi-auto conversion, so not sure it would work on full auto. If I got it I would
    want to cut the barrel down to 10.5". The full auto barrels will not fit into a semi-auto with out milling a small ridge (ring) down near the chamber
    end of the barrel. Although the one I used yesterday is FA, it was a conversion, so to put the new 10.5 FA barrel in I had to mill the ridge down.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 04-28-2018 at 09:24 AM.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Senior Veteran
    So, I took the UZI out to the range this morning to test the Promag .45 magazine. Just as I anticipated, it was complete crap just like every other Promag I have tried. Fails to pick up the round, fails to feed, straight up jams, bullet setback jams, you name it. Couldn't get more than two rounds off all morning, lucky to even get one in the chamber. Complete and utter junk as usual! I don't even know how they stay in business. It's going back to Midway tomorrow. That's the last Promag I will ever buy.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Scott,

i know the IMI mags are expensive... but they are worth every dime of it.

you only need a couple. get a hold of ridbits. he usually has them brand new in the wrapper for $125. he uses the same name at most sites & on GB'r.
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post
    Scott,

i know the IMI mags are expensive... but they are worth every dime of it.

you only need a couple. get a hold of ridbits. he usually has them brand new in the wrapper for $125. he uses the same name at most sites & on GB'r.
    I agree, they are. I was hoping, against better judgement, that I could save a few dimes in the remote chance that these could work. I will stick to IMI mags from now on.

I think I have that guy saved on Gunbroker.

Thanks.

Senior Veteran
    My son doing a mag dump with it in .45 ACP this morning at the range.

that HAD to be an IMI mag for the 45!

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post
    that HAD to be an IMI mag for the 45!
    It was!

On a side note though, I decided to keep the promag and do some work on it. The feed lips had a burr all the way around the inside. I filed them off with jewelers files then polished the inside of the feed lips with a Dremel buffing wheel and Flitz. About 10 minutes of work. The promag worked flawlessly yesterday at the range! Fired brass and aluminum case .45 through it without a single misfeed or jam. Even did a couple of mag dumps with it.

Why can't promag do an extra couple of extra steps to make their mags work and improve their reputation? I don't know.

Scott,

that promag may work fine today & even tomorrow... but then it might not work the next time or the 4th time after that...

they just have no consistency in make or performance. & whatever you go dont leave it loaded or 1 day you will pick it up & all of the sudden you will have a stream of 45's shoot up into your face.

YES that has already happened to me.