Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: My UZI carbine build.

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post
    great photo work Scott!

glad to see you got it out shooting... nwo you need to get that 45acp Uzi all done up & running as the separate gun too!
    Thanks!

Really thinking about making a .45 SBR out of a new receiver and a folding stock kit. I think that will be fun.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Senior Veteran
    Getting ready to take the UZI in .45 ACP mode out to the range for the first time to see how it runs! I'll report back later.

Quote Originally Posted by scottz63 View Post
    Getting ready to take the UZI in .45 ACP mode out to the range for the first time to see how it runs! I'll report back later.
    If you liked it 9mm, your going to love it in 45.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Enjoy, let us know how it goes. Did up 2 more Form 1 (SBR) requests to BATF, time to get yours done too
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62guy View Post
    If you liked it 9mm, your going to love it in 45.
    You are right! I really enjoyed it in 9mm but loved it in 45. It was very fun to shoot. No failures of any kind, ran smooth as butter. Makes a lot bigger holes in the target as well. Lol. Lots of people watching me shoot it and asking questions too. Fun day at the range.

How about that! It's rare but once in awhile even my wife says I'm right. I've never owned an Uzi but I have shot one or two and I do have a 45 carbine that I would take hands down over any 9mm, so I thought I was making safe statement.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62guy View Post
    How about that! It's rare but once in awhile even my wife says I'm right. I've never owned an Uzi but I have shot one or two and I do have a 45 carbine that I would take hands down over any 9mm, so I thought I was making safe statement.
    Lol! When the wife says your right, that is a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Enjoy, let us know how it goes. Did up 2 more Form 1 (SBR) requests to BATF, time to get yours done too
    Thanks! It was very enjoyable, lots of questions about it from the younger shooters there as well. One of them asked me if it was for sale and I told him "Sure, $2000". His jaw almost hit the bench! Lol

Really thinking about doing an SBR on a 45 UZI with a folding stock. That would be awesome.
    Last edited by scottz63; 01-11-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Senior Veteran
    Bit the bullet and ordered a pro-mag(Gasp!) 10 round .45 magazine from Midway. I told myself I would never buy a pro-mag anything ever again but, $25 vs. $100-$150, I'll give them one more shot. Been watching lots of videos of them and they seem to work in the UZI. If not, I will take it right back to Midway. I'll go pick it up later today.

I might have to think about .45 a.c.p. I took my IMI out yesterday (first time in a long time). My youngest son and I ran a couple of mags each thru it.
    His comments were it is a blast to shoot and so easy to control. I don't understand why it runs flawless with out a suppressor. Put a suppressor on
    it and sooner or latter I get a jam. Funny as the semi Century Uzi I have runs flawless with the suppressor, so leave it on that.

I like to work over a target (left) when I shoot, no particular spot. Son, (right) likes to keep his shooting a little more contained (LOL)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Senior Veteran
    Nice! I love shooting mine in both calibers but I like .45 more. Shooting 9mm in it fells like shooting a .22 with all the weight of the UZI. .45 has a better feel when pulling the trigger, more kick and sound but still fully controllable. It makes a much bigger/easier to see hole as well!

Edit: U.S. Barrel Shrouds just recently received more .45 conversion kits in after a long time without them. Not a bad price either.

http://shop-usbarrelshrouds-com.3dca...CK-_p_158.html
    Last edited by scottz63; 04-28-2018 at 09:01 AM.