Thread: CMP sales of 1911s one step closer.

Senior Veteran

CMP sales of 1911s one step closer.

I hope this one works out like it is written.

On Friday, the U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 2810, the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2018.
    https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017...e-of-2018-ndaa

19112018.jpg
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Dang, you think it was resolved when they passed the last law changing CMP charter and authorizing the transfer, but now they have to make a new law to force the Army to transfer them.
    Removing the yearly cap in sales would be a bonus, as with limited sales it would be a fight to get one of them.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 07-15-2017 at 09:15 PM.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Dang, you think it was resolved when they passed the last law changing CMP charter and authorizing the transfer, but now they have to make a new law to force the Army to transfer them.
    Removing the yearly cap in sales would be a bonus, as with limited sales it would be a fight to get one of them.
    You would think. Only thing is the language in the old NDAA left it up to the Secretary of Defense to decide if, when, and how the 1911's were to be transferred. Under Obama control it wasn't going to happen. This new NDAA is going to change that, hopefully.

I just want a real G.I. Colt 1911 (stamped United States Property, U.S. Army). Used and worn is fine as long as it shoots and runs well. All at a reasonable price.
    Last edited by scottz63; 07-15-2017 at 10:09 PM.

SO, you would not want one that was stamped US NAVY?
    IMG_0788[1].JPGIMG_0789[1].JPG
    All in fun. I'm sure that the CMP will look at market value and go from there. Only time is going to tell. Colt's could get a little rocky but, I'm going to hold on to mine.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62guy View Post
    SO, you would not want one that was stamped US NAVY?
    All in fun. I'm sure that the CMP will look at market value and go from there. Only time is going to tell. Colt's could get a little rocky but, I'm going to hold on to mine.
    Oh, of course I would take that! From what I have seen those are way out of my price range. Beautiful 1911 BTW!

I am hoping to get one from CMP in the $1000 area or less. I may be dreaming though. Lol

Dreaming is hoping to get one in the $500 range.
    RRRROOOWWWRRR PHHT PHHT I AM THE FORCE!

Quote Originally Posted by scottz63 View Post
    Oh, of course I would take that! From what I have seen those are way out of my price range. Beautiful 1911 BTW!

I am hoping to get one from CMP in the $1000 area or less. I may be dreaming though. Lol
    What you are asking for is not out of range even in today's market. Keep an eye out at your local shops and pawn shops and you never know. If you focus on A1's they will be a little cheaper than M1911's. I have a few that no serious collector would touch, but they shoot fine and they are still a real piece of history. If your not worried about original finish and all the parts matching to the gun you can still find them for five hundred to a thousand dollars. Don't give up and good luck.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62guy View Post
    What you are asking for is not out of range even in today's market. Keep an eye out at your local shops and pawn shops and you never know. If you focus on A1's they will be a little cheaper than M1911's. I have a few that no serious collector would touch, but they shoot fine and they are still a real piece of history. If your not worried about original finish and all the parts matching to the gun you can still find them for five hundred to a thousand dollars. Don't give up and good luck.
    I would like one serial numbered to "war" years. Finish does not concern me too much, parked, blued, worn off. I do prefer the earlier ones with the wood grips though. I'm currently bidding on one now that is dated 1918. It has been rearsenaled at some point in time and parked. Still retains the wood grips though.