Thread: M1a Prices/Auctions...whats going on?

M1a Prices/Auctions...whats going on?

Decided to add an M1a to my stash, been shooting Garand and FN49 in local service matches. I have been watching auctions for some time and seems like M1a sales have just not been moving. As of this day there are over 20 pages on GB with prices ranging from 1200-1400 for std grade and 1500-1800 for upgrades in various configurations. Many of these auctions have been re listed several times and I see majority don't even receive a single bid! Seems like a market price adj in in order. Some local shops have had them in the racks for over a year and no takers. Think a plain std grade should be $900-$1k tops to get me interested.

Does not surprise me - huge (just in case) buying spree during Obama years, increased production, etc, the market is saturated with ARs/AKs and other types.
    Now with many people overbought on (just in case) firearms, no threat to their rights, demand has really fallen. The milsurp market, because of limited supply/
    imports drying up, has held it own and many have jumped in price. In short, IMHO recovering your costs on a new production firearms will be difficult or next to
    impossible in today's environment. If you are patient you will likely get what you want (M1a) at a price you want to pay.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Does not surprise me - huge (just in case) buying spree during Obama years, increased production, etc, the market is saturated with ARs/AKs and other types.
    Now with many people overbought on (just in case) firearms, no threat to their rights, demand has really fallen. The milsurp market, because of limited supply/
    imports drying up, has held it own and many have jumped in price. In short, IMHO recovering your costs on a new production firearms will be difficult or next to
    impossible in today's environment. If you are patient you will likely get what you want (M1a) at a price you want to pay.
    Not concerned with recovering cost.....at some point what's in my safe will go to my sons. M1a's are not selling at current prices which is evident but the very large number of guns at auction yet with no bids being received show the demand isn't there. Why that is I don't know. I'll get one eventually for a fair price.
    Last edited by k98dave; 07-16-2017 at 04:43 PM.