Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to make a Cetme locking piece

My typical range sessions this year with the Cetme have been shooting 10 to 15 five shot groups with no breaks except to reload the mag and I've only had the suppressor since July. Today was no different. I didn't notice this happening last time out with the suppressor at the 100 yard line.

As far as POI shift goes, the Rugged Surge typically moves the POI 1"right and 1" up going from unsuppressed to suppressed. I've traded messages with other Surge owners who said they've experienced the same thing. There's even a youtube video showing it happening. I guess the bothersome part is that it happened so quickly, makes me wonder if the can was tight but I know the ring was locked. I'll try it again and see.

New Recruit Private
    Thank you for your continued work and your amazing builds .

Veteran
    Mike,
    Excellent work and an extremely well thought out tutorial. I myself will always bring your name up when I'm discussing anything to go with HK and CETME weapons platforms,

I'm unaware if you ever made it to any of the H&K 2-3 day outing's that Jim Schultz's & G3Kurt's were able to facilitate for Charity events.
    The Event allowed 5 hours in the Grey room and you could handle any and all weapons on displayed. Your master expertize would have been much appreciated by all groups that were allowed in. It's not fluff or brown nosing it's a truthful that you could have politely assisted H&K USA and other government entities concerning weapons platform upgrading.

Robert - good to see you're still around, been a long time! Almost everything I've learned began here. I'm still trying to catch up with the old Cetme guru's that used to post here.

New Recruit
    Thanks for the rundown. One little detail that can't be forgotten....the temper part is really important. I made one up for a Cetme L with the intent of changing the angle a bit....maybe slow the bolt down a little. It worked pretty well for about 5 shots. Then the shank broke off. Damn I knew I forgot something. The tempering. I know you had it in the list and it was completely my own screwup. At least I got the setup and order of ops worked out. The jig works really good too. A little different than yours but same basic setup. Worked great on the grinder.

Thanks again

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by biffj View Post
    Thanks for the rundown. One little detail that can't be forgotten....the temper part is really important. I made one up for a Cetme L with the intent of changing the angle a bit....maybe slow the bolt down a little. It worked pretty well for about 5 shots. Then the shank broke off. Damn I knew I forgot something. The tempering. I know you had it in the list and it was completely my own screwup. At least I got the setup and order of ops worked out. The jig works really good too. A little different than yours but same basic setup. Worked great on the grinder.

Thanks again

Frank
    I'm glad the info sparked someone to produce their own LP.

I was never too interested in the Cetme L and know little about the parts, out of curiosity, what is the LP angle used in a standard "L"?

New Recruit
    I don't have the gear to get an exact measurement but as close as I can get it appears to be 53 deg. I made mine 48 deg thinking I didn't want to jump too much at once. After breaking the first piece I made two more and sent them for proper heat treat and temper. They came in today and I'll get to grinding tomorrow probably. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm also thinking about doing a 300 blackout setup since the gun is already sized for the 223. What sort of angles have guys been using on the HK types for this round?

Thanks
    Frank

I don't remember 300BO ever being talked about here but have seen it mentioned on HKPro in the clone section. I'm out of the loop on the BO, never saw any use for it for the type of shooting I do. I'm running a 65 degree LP in a 7.62x39 Cetme C.

HKP is selling a 95 degree LP for an hk33 in 300BO.

New Recruit
    I thought I'd seen some various locking pieces somewhere for the BO. I do recall reading your thread on the 7.62X39 and the 243 gas-op rifle. Very good info. Thanks for the info on the BO stuff.
    Here is a pic of the 2 locking pieces I made for the L. Both are 48 deg and just for some testing. Made up from O-1 so they may not last long. Just want to compare the bolt speed with the original locking pieces. There has been a lot of info from builders saying the guns beat themselves up and I've seen a little of that too. Maybe a little less bolt speed with this angle.
    The center LP is the original. Probably fairly obvious....

Frank
    Attached Images Attached Images