Thread: Target Practice at 50 yds, 100 yds, and 30 meters

Target Practice at 50 yds, 100 yds, and 30 meters

The rifle is a PTR 91, GI model, with the standard front sight and an HK 1200 meter rear sight. I was using the 200 meter setting, which was the lowest one, the entire time. The ammunition is German surplus.

I put the 1st Mr. Bones at 50 yds. I fired 10 rounds, off-hand from a standing position, at the torso. And then, five rounds at the head while seating at the table and using a rest.

I put the 2nd Mr. Bones at 100 yds. I fired 20 rounds, off of the table with a rest, at the torso. My very first shot at the target, and my first shot after coming off of a cold range, were the two shots under the targetís right armpit. Then, I fired five rounds at the head again.

I put this bulls-eye at 100 yds and fired 10 rounds at it. However, I forgot to take a photo of it before I applied the pasters, so it didnít really happen. Then I moved the target to 30 meters and fired two strings of five rounds each at it off of the table with the rest. I chose 30 meters because the zero is supposed to be the same as it is at 200 meters. The orange center is 3Ē.

Next I put a scaled Dog target at 30 meters. At 25 yds the target is supposed to simulate a full-size target at 100 yds. I fired all 10 rounds rather quickly, and without checking the placement between shots, off of the table with the rest. I donít know where in the sequence the two shots inside of the V and outside of the clump fell.

I finished up with a Red Dawn target at 30 meters; table and rest again. The 1st shot was at the lower center of the target. Then I moved the 2nd shot to the targetís left a little. With the 3rd shot I tried to touch the top of the front post to the targetís chin. Then, with the final seven shots, I tried to touch the top of the front post on the edge of the targetís helmet.
    PTR 91, GI model - "Triple B"

Fascinating.

still cant shoot as good as you.... but at least you were at distances i could SEE the targets this time!

as always ... thanks for sharing your handi work!
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.