Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Polish PPS43 in 7.62X25 (Tok) came today

Polish PPS43 in 7.62X25 (Tok) came today

Pioneer Arm's Polish PPS43 in 7.62X25 Tok. I ordered it thru Centerfire and picked it up today at my FFL. I also bought parts kit as I am applying for SBR stamp and want a
    functional folding stock on it. Pouches came from Centerfire along with sling. Weighs about what I thought it would, not bad, but more than I would want to hold up
    as a pistol trying to use sights. SBR stamp and functioning stock will solve that. Hip shooting would be no sweat (LOL). Put my FA Uzi by it for size comparison.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Senior Veteran
    Very nice! Should be fun, especially with it in SBR mode.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

congrats, you will love shooting that with a stock.

the nice thing about SBRing a pistol, is you can enjoy shoot it while waiting for the approval.

I learned that lesson from my very first SBR back in 04, which was a AKS74Uparts kit. it was way over a year before I was able to put a round down range. 8-9 month wait, then the wait for the build to be completed. since then I just bought pistols and put the paperwork in
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulardi View Post
    congrats, you will love shooting that with a stock.

the nice thing about SBRing a pistol, is you can enjoy shoot it while waiting for the approval.

I learned that lesson from my very first SBR back in 04, which was a AKS74Uparts kit. it was way over a year before I was able to put a round down range. 8-9 month wait, then the wait for the build to be completed. since then I just bought pistols and put the paperwork in
    this is a very good tip & a nice way to go about it if you are buying instead of building.

BS: you gonna shoot that soon? or just wall hanger it?
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Quote Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post
    this is a very good tip & a nice way to go about it if you are buying instead of building.

BS: you gonna shoot that soon? or just wall hanger it?
    +1 on the tip. Not sure, got my hands full on building right now. Made a Lowe's run this morning (LOL). Got a new frig coming Saturday, son ordered me a whole
    house size dehumidifier (both for new shed) also this morning. Barn painters came out yesterday and are working on my chicken house roofs (use them now for storage),
    resealing and painting them. Busy busy

Thinking about it I will fire off a half dozen rds tomorrow into brush pile. Make sure it does function and no return or fixing issues.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 11-01-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Thinking about it I will fire off a half dozen rds tomorrow into brush pile. Make sure it does function and no return or fixing issues.
    I will give one big tip about that pistol. MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU BRING THE UPPER RECEIVER DOWN ON THE LOWER, THAT YOUR HAMMER IS LOCKED BACKED. if you go slamming the upper onto the lower with the hammer forward, you will break that hammer. and I/O doesn't have replacements the last time I called then, a couple weeks back or so.
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulardi View Post
    I will give one big tip about that pistol. MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU BRING THE UPPER RECEIVER DOWN ON THE LOWER, THAT YOUR HAMMER IS LOCKED BACKED. if you go slamming the upper onto the lower with the hammer forward, you will break that hammer. and I/O doesn't have replacements the last time I called then, a couple weeks back or so.
    I remembered you saying that and the first thing I did was to lock hammer back before I shut it. Thanks!!!!

Nice pic, Nice Guns.

I am a big fan of the UZI's after I was with Sean and shot his. That was all it took to say I need 3.

TEC Tactical is a Licensed 07/02

Senior Veteran
    The only down side to these is ammo isn't .07 a round anymore. they used to be as cheap as a .22

Did get to shoot a mag thru this a while back. No problems and TOK round has plenty of zip to it. Used commercial ammo, will keep my milspec in reserve.
    Due to winter, bunch of stuff going on and trying to prioritize getting some Form 1s off and also a Form 4, I did not get the SBR mailed off immediately
    on this. Yesterday I finally got it sent. I now have 3 Form 1s and a Form 4 waiting approval. I checked yesterday and waiting time on Form ones for
    individuals seems to be around 6 months and waiting time on Form 4 for individuals is still around 9 months.