Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mini 22lr CETME? Yep, it's happening.

Senior Veteran
    Do you still have the front half of the outer tube that you cut off?
    I did a photoshop of what I thought you might doing. It probably still can be done providing you have the front end. A step, the thickness of the outer tube, would need to be cut into the beefy part at the rear. Once the front end was cut to length the two parts could be permanently affixed....just a thought.
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Recruit
    I do, but it is in 2 pieces. I thought the end cap would end end a little before it did. So I am not sure if it would really be salvageable. I would really like a way to mount one of my cans on in, but I have thought about filing another form 1 and making a reflex can to mount at the triple frame.

Edit:
    I found this video this morning.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzEYBinbCSw

I may have to grab another trigger housing to play around with since it seems an original CETME housing should fit with less work than I expected. I could even add an original trigger group. That would finish the look with an original style selector lever.

Edit 2:
    A quick disassembly of the GSG lower shows that the CETME housing will fit the gun with very little work, but the GSG trigger group will not work. The selector lever holes are in very different places. I will have to look into modifying a CETME trigger pack like the modified HK pack in the video I found.
    Last edited by zer0daze; 11-15-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Senior Veteran
    I had to look up what a reflex suppressor was, I've seen that style can but never knew that it had a specific name. Thinking out loud, I made a sleeve from a G3 barrel cut off that slips over the end of the pencil barrel and threads into the triple frame purely for cosmetics. The same principle could be applied that was threaded on the end for a conventional suppressor but I like the idea of the reflex. It would bring the can back to the front sight and keep the overall length to a minimum.

Here's some pics of the lower you asked about.
    The housing was pretty straight forward. I cut the front end out of it with no room to spare, it just fits the width of the receiver. I tacked two washers on the back for the push pins that hold the stock on. The FCG was another story, I wasn't sure if it would work or not but had to try. I had to cut the front end of that off as well for it to clear the receiver. I tacked a small rod in the front to tie it back together and also to act as a hammer stop.

The hammer was a bit of a challenge. It had to clear the bottom rear of the bolt and also be able to strike the firing pin. I cut and welded a wedge shaped piece to the face of the hammer so it would contact the firing pin and ground a notch below that to clear the bolt. A trigger stop pin was also installed to prevent any "mishaps".
    I sort of remember having to cut a couple coils off the hammer spring to lighten it enough for the .22 recoil.

I'd assume that the same principle could be applied to a CETME lower.
    Attached Images Attached Images