Thread: Surplus 1911 Pistols to CMP

Surplus 1911 Pistols to CMP

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-1911-pistols/

More 45's maybe available through CMP

The sales will occur under the auspices of the Civilian Marksmanship Program, which has been selling approved military surplus weapons to citizens for more than 100 years.

According to the International Business Times, it currently costs the U.S. military approximately $2 a day to store one pistol, and there are an estimated 100,000 1911s that are being stored. So that is a $200,000 expenditure the military can erase and replace with a profit, or at least of a recoup of costs, by selling the firearms.

How did this $2 a day figure get calculated
    We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-1911-pistols/

How did this $2 a day figure get calculated
    As a prior inventory and supply chain manager, I would say warehouse cost per square ft + utilities at said location + employee costs / number of units in stock. If your costs are monthly, then put that number over 30. I do feel like the number is a little high, but if GSA is involved it's probably correct.

It seem like this was a done deal once before, maybe now they will actually be transferred. It will take CMP a while to sort, inspect and grade them.
    It will be a mad rush to get one when that happens and not every body will be lucky. If you don't have your "ducks' in order and immediately
    get your order in likely won't get one. I am guessing there will be a limit of 1 maybe 2 per yearly release. I have blank order forms always on hand
    for CMP and I have been to FedEx more than once in the past to overnight a order to them. (LOL).

BTW if you want one get qualified to buy and they only take hard copy orders on firearms. They currently have Service Grade M1 Garands listed for sale.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 11-25-2017 at 07:23 AM.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

the day they will be available at the stores, I'll take that 1.5 hour drive to the NORTH STORE at CAMP PERRY and hand pick out the one I want.

if any of you guys are in Mi, In., Pa or anywhere within a few hours driving distance to CAMP PERRY you might also considering driving there and handpick the one you want the first day they'll be available. all the paperwork is there for you to fill out. all you need to bring is a birth certificate, club affiliation, and proof of marksmanship

if you're active, NG or reserve military, or retired military your military ID fulfills club affliction and proof of marksmanship. past military service only fulfills the proof of marksmanship you still need proof of club affiliation.

it's all here

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sa...-requirements/

the first day the carbines were available, me and friend drove there before the store opened. the parking lot was filled with cars with license plates from as far away as Maine, NH. we picked out a couple of really nice WINCHESTERs.
    Last edited by Ghoulardi; 11-25-2017 at 03:31 PM.
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulardi View Post
    the day they will be available at the stores, I'll take that 1.5 hour drive to the NORTH STORE at CAMP PERRY and hand pick out the one I want.

if any of you guys are in Mi, In., Pa or anywhere within a few hours driving distance to CAMP PERRY you might also considering driving there and handpick the one you want the first day they'll be available. all the paperwork is there for you to fill out. all you need to bring is a birth certificate, club affiliation, and proof of marksmanship

if you're active, NG or reserve military, or retired military your military ID fulfills club affliction and proof of marksmanship. past military service only fulfills the proof of marksmanship you still need proof of club affiliation.

it's all here

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sa...-requirements/

the first day the carbines were available, me and friend drove there before the store opened. the parking lot was filled with cars with license plates from as far away as Maine, NH. we picked out a couple of really nice WINCHESTERs.
    That would be the way to go but the stores will sell out fast. For those of us not near a store, don't worry. They only allocate so many for the stores and the rest are reserved for their
    customer's that have to use snail mail. I am sure they will try to be fair on this and give everyone a chance, although not everyone will likely get one. Overnight FedEx order for me delivered
    the day they start taking orders.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    That would be the way to go but the stores will sell out fast.
    and you would be wrong, mail orders will be the first to be sold out. there were still tons of carbines months later when we returned because my buddy wanted another one, they even had a bunch of WINCHESTERS that were sold out in mail order. I took a peak in the back and they had crates and crates piled to near the ceiling that took up the entire storage room. and those were the ones I've seen, there was more in other storage rooms.

my theory why the NORTH STORE is stocked like it is for the fact that CAMP PERRY holds the national matches there, and attracts not only shooters from around the country, but "lookers" as well. more "lookers" then shooters so a stop at the NORTH STORE is a must.

there is going to be 100,000 1911A1s at the CMP. and not every gun owner is going to be buying, and there are probably a ton of gun owners that don't know about them. then there are ones that will say it's "too many hoops" to go through for one and will pass on it.

in any event, I don't see sales happening til around 2019. 100,000 pistols is a lot of pistols to go through the re-arsenal process
    Last edited by Ghoulardi; 11-25-2017 at 07:10 PM.
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!