Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Gun Would You Trade? & Need Some Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulardi View Post
    if it's a COLT SP1 I would do the trade in a heartbeat. couldn't care less what he does with the FR8, it'll be his then. people spend a lot of bucks getting pieces and parts to make a retro A1, here you'll have one for whatever you spent on a FR8

as for helping him install the trigger. personally, I wouldn't do it, if something goes south while you are installing it, you'll be responsible for it, or if it doesn't work he has problems with it etc... etc... he'll be coming to you to "make it right". you probably wouldn't want that

just tell him you don't want the liability is something goes wrong in the installation or the function of it, and to take it to a gunsmith who has insurance for things like that and can give assurance it will work after he gets done. let the gunsmith deal with him.

or have him go on YOUTUBE and follow the tutorial in instillation of it

I certainly wouldn't in any circumstances buy a lower for him.

I told him no way on lower - that the stripped lower was a gun, it would be an illegal straw buy if I did it. I hope it was just ignorance on his part thinking the
    lower was just a part, not a gun itself, but my "radar' was sending me extreme warning signals (LOL).

Actually I can use the video myself, I bought one for S&G to try out, should get it this week. Having put together lowers I don't think I will have too many issues,
    but it is a little different than a standard parts kit.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    [/B]

I told him no way on lower - that the stripped lower was a gun, it would be an illegal straw buy if I did it. I hope it was just ignorance on his part thinking the
    lower was just a part, not a gun itself, but my "radar' was sending me extreme warning signals (LOL).

Actually I can use the video myself, I bought one for S&G to try out, should get it this week. Having put together lowers I don't think I will have too many issues,
    but it is a little different than a standard parts kit.
    That would make my spider sense go ape. I'd be careful, not too long ago I had a guy from Russvegas contact me wanting to do a trade for a Draco I had listed. As soon as I whipped out the arguntrader.com bill of sale form he balked. He still wanted to do the trade but didn't want to do any paperwork, so I backed out. Fast forward and turns out he had a misdemeanor domestic violence conviction.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776.

BS,

at this point..... you made me wary of the guy & its not even my deal. probably just cut him off short.. either trade the FR8 for it straight up (a VERY good deal for you) or tell him to hit the bricks... You dont "need" his gun anyway.
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkane View Post
    That would make my spider sense go ape. I'd be careful, not too long ago I had a guy from Russvegas contact me wanting to do a trade for a Draco I had listed. As soon as I whipped out the arguntrader.com bill of sale form he balked. He still wanted to do the trade but didn't want to do any paperwork, so I backed out. Fast forward and turns out he had a misdemeanor domestic violence conviction.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post
    BS,

at this point..... you made me wary of the guy & its not even my deal. probably just cut him off short.. either trade the FR8 for it straight up (a VERY good deal for you) or tell him to hit the bricks... You dont "need" his gun anyway.
    Yep, I got to searching my memory and recall him asking me couple of years ago to get him some lowers. Told him a number of places where he could order them and a dealer FFL
    that could handle the transfer. He made several excuses why he could not do it that made no sense. I also seem to recall him "milking" V.A. for disability, likely PTSD. Beginning to
    think he got himself on do not sell list. I had not had contact with him for some time when he called me on this current thing. Like is said the last time he called I did not answer
    the phone. I am doing fine, have a good collection, get transfer approvals and tax stamps thru with no issues, I don't need any problems. Further both firearms are in my C&R
    log book and I would have to log transfer to him. It is rare, but log book is subject to BATF inspection if they wish.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 12-07-2017 at 05:37 PM.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    think he got himself on do not sell list.
    if you go to any gun show in the country a good percentage of people that go to those are in some way or another are barred from owning firearms ie. felons, mental issues, convicted wife beater etc.... there is no way of looking at someone that tells you they have a disability from owning a firearm. they can be clean cut, and articulate, old grandfatherly type etc...

that doesn't stop them from going to a non-FFL buying a firearm with cash and a show of a DL and walking out.

I've worked with a FFL on the gun show circuit here and I got asked numerous times "is this on paper?". when I said "yes, a background check is required" they "ran off screaming into the night"

granted some may be paranoid about filling out a 4473 for a background check. but I'm willing to bet a much more larger reason is they have a disability from owning firearms

you done good, if something doesn't "feel right in your gut" then pass. your "gut instinct" will never fail you
    Last edited by Ghoulardi; 12-07-2017 at 05:53 PM.
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!