Thread: I Just Ordered an M&P Shield 9mm (and a Holster too)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I Just Ordered an M&P Shield 9mm (and a Holster too)

My EDC for the last few years has been a Sig P229. It is kind of big, but not too big. And, it is kind of heavy, but not too heavy. Then, shortly after I got my Sig, my older son bought a Shield 9mm. I liked the feel of it in my hands, but I never got the chance to shoot it before he sold it.

Now, fast-forward to the last few weeks. My son let me carry, and shoot, his current EDC, a Glock 43. I really liked the size and the weight of the gun on my hip. On the other hand, I didnít really like shooting it. However, while I was at my local indoor range with his Glock, I tried out a couple of single-stacks rentals, including the Shield 9mm. That was enough to make me start checking prices.

Last week I found one on sale on gunbuyer.com (no affiliation) for $299.00 with free shipping. And, after reading several reviews, and watching a bunch of Youtube videos, I went ahead and ordered a Vedder LightTuck IWB holster for the gun also.

I got my Shield yesterday, but my Vedder holster is still a few days away, so I went ahead and picked up a Blackhawk SERPA CQC holster. I would have gotten one anyway for the range, CC under vest, light jacket, etc.

PTR 91, GI model - "Triple B"; Chinese Type 56 SKS - "The Snow Leopard"

Nice little pistol.

My dad picked one up when they were offering the rebate. I've got a full size M&P and wondered how something that small would shoot. It makes a nice carry package, but I like to shoot my guns often too. I got the chance to shoot his over the holidays, I was pretty impressed at how nice it felt in the hand as well as how well it shot. For such a small pistol, it wasn't that awkward to hold and was smooth, manageable, and accurate it was. I really like it.
    Czar of all the Michigans
    In memory of Johnhttp://act.alz.org/goto/Weasel

I finally got my Vedder LightTuck holster today. The fit and finish seem very nice, and the metal clip feels really sturdy. It came already set at the highest ride height, and I adjusted the cant to as close to zero as I could, while still being able to get a full grip on the firearm. I also adjusted the retention.

Open vest:

Closed vest:

Open shirt:

Closed shirt:

(Snug) T-shirt:

(Snug) Polo shirt:

Open suit jacket:

Buttoned suit jacket:
    Last edited by rjinga; 01-17-2018 at 06:11 PM.
    PTR 91, GI model - "Triple B"; Chinese Type 56 SKS - "The Snow Leopard"