Thread: 2nd Range Trip with the New Shield

2nd Range Trip with the New Shield

I was trying out a new double-handed grip for both the strong and weak hand. Everything was shot with both eyes open.

3 yds; right-handed, double-handed grip; seven rounds of Hornady Personal Defense ammunition (to make sure it will cycle in the gun):

[FYI Ė that is a 1Ē square grid over the bulls-eye target.]

3 yds; right-handed, double-handed grip; seven rounds of Winchester USA Forged steel-cased ammunition:

3 yds; left-handed, double-handed grip; seven rounds of Winchester USA Forged steel-cased ammunition:

[FYI Ė the bulls-eyes run down the center of the target, from the top to the bottom, so the numbers are upside-down because I turned the target after shooting the first two bulls-eyes.]

3 yds; left-handed, double-handed grip; seven rounds of Winchester USA Forged steel-cased ammunition:

3 yds; right-handed, double-handed grip; seven rounds of Winchester USA Forged steel-cased ammunition at the CM box (raise the gun and fire quickly) and seven more while aiming (slow-fire) between the targetís eyes:

[After the second shot to the left of the CM box, I realized that I was mistaking the left dot on the rear sight for the front sight dot.]

7 yds; right-handed, double-handed grip; seven rounds of Winchester USA Forged steel-cased ammunition at the CM box (slow-fire) and seven more while aiming (slow-fire) at the targetís nose:

[I got him in the nose with the last shot.]

I put the last target at about 7í and started with two sets of quick triple-taps (raise and fire), right-handed, double-handed grip:

Then, I switched to the Mozambique Drill:

[Apparently, I forgot to take a photo after shooting the 9th group, so itís together with the 10th group.]

And, I donít know why, but the lowest shot of each slow-fire group was usually on the third shot, and if not the third, then the second shot.
    PTR 91, GI model - "Triple B"; Chinese Type 56 SKS - "The Snow Leopard"

nice inside shooting!

stay warm.
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Quote Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post
    nice inside shooting!

stay warm.
    Thanks. Yeah, I'm usually not a big indoor range fan, but it was too cold (and windy) yesterday to be outside for any extended period.
    PTR 91, GI model - "Triple B"; Chinese Type 56 SKS - "The Snow Leopard"