Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GMWilly throw together

GMWilly throw together

this was just a toss together the upper with the DIY lower set up from a while back....

its a 450BM upper with fancy brake & nickel/boron carrier (got it from GMWilly) on a forged lower with TAC con trigger & Sig brace.

putting an upper on a lower doesnt qualify as a "build".. its just a lego job.

but its a pretty cool looking lego. when i saw the shiny BCG & brake he sent... figured the lower would look good on it.

IMAG1492.jpg
    IMAG1490.jpg
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Senior Veteran
    Nice! I like it with the natural lower.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

I was really tempted to pick one up, but I've got a project in the hopper I'm trying to get finished this month. Thanks for sharing Sean. Now where's the pictures of firing it? And who videos them now that the kids are all grown up?
    Czar of all the Michigans
    In memory of Johnhttp://act.alz.org/goto/Weasel

thnx Scott!

WM: maybe i could borrow one of the rapidly expanding herd you are putting together out there to video? i wont teach em no bad hillbilly habits... but we will get them to say "About" correctly. LMFAO.

Abby is still here with us & she does most of my vids, then takes them to college & shows all the liberals..

hope to shoot it this weekend & see if it kicks or not with that brace on my arm.

From having only having shot the round once in a friends full size Bushmaster it's got a good thump to it to me. With that nice brake and "Brace" it should be rather tame. Let us know if I'm wrong.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

we put a couple dozen rounds thru it today... 3 rounds at a time, thats all that would go in my factory magpuls.

worked perfectly in the 3 round set up.

on the brace it feels pretty good if you dont pull your arm back to the "near" shoulder position. if you do? ouch on the elbow with the torque.

took the brace off & put a rifle stock on: then it kicks like a 20gauge shotgun. not bad, but enough.

Wife thought it was a beast when she shot it & 3 rounds from brace set up was all she wanted.

proper positioning of wife & daughter in the muzzle brake path made sure that they felt the shockwave. LMAO hey baby.. stand right here.

I'm sorry but I have to say when I read the title I thought.. Oh must be a Vintage
    Willy's Jeep/General Motors hybrid.
    Example GMC motor in Jeep chassis.. Let me see what sdk1968 has built
    BOB 3.png
    Boy was I surprised
    We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union

GMWilly IS a huge Jeep fan.. so YES you got the name correct. & all of my vehicles are currently jeeps...

GaryMichealWILLY is actually one of the best suppliers you can get for AR uppers & parts. Great dude & if im buying an upper thats ready to go? its coming from him.

he ran a special on these over at WG. $425 delivered with the shiny brake & nickel/boron bolt carrier & so on. he's also running 458 socom & some others right now.

so long story short: thru this on a lower we milled out & stuck a brace on & bingo! instant lego throw together!

Did you modify the follower on the pmag or just run it stock? Going to order up some ammo today to try out this weekend if it warms up.
    Czar of all the Michigans
    In memory of Johnhttp://act.alz.org/goto/Weasel

WM,

we ran it as it was to start with... but 3 rnds is all that would go without stacking/sticking with the stock floor plate.

ordered a floor plate & got 5 that way.....

then just went ahead & ordered one of the dedicated mags they sell on brownells....... that works PERFECT. no muss, no fuss.

after more shooting with this & shooting with a regular shoulder stock? you figure out that if you are just gonna blast with it? USE THE BRACE w/green dot. if you really want to target shoot? put a real stock on the back & take the shoulder punch.