Thread: the private sale of ammo

Selling ammo to strangers that you have touched? (The brass, not the strangers) Wipe the darn cases! I wipe the cases of SD ammo when they go into magazines. Just because. Maybe they got his address from the Amazon box?
    RRRROOOWWWRRR PHHT PHHT I AM THE FORCE!

the private sale of ammo

I am not going to do any research, but I do know the U.S. Govt sold hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of 30-06 A.P. cartridges via CMP to the public thru the years.
    Heck I have bought some from CMP. It (30-06 A.P.) was specifically exempt from being banned. Of course 30-06 is .30 cal, just like .308 and many other popular cartridges,
    same bullet. Folks like using the A.P. cartridge for target shooting as it was reportedly more accurate than ball ammo. It is not unusual in older surplus ammo to break down
    the badly tarnished/corroded cartridges for components and use bullet and powder for reloading. There maybe some justification for the charges, but I have not seen them yet,
    looks like an over reach, maybe trying to look like they are doing something as the investigation has been highly criticized.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Almost all of the 54R I have ever bought from different places has been AP.They'll end up breaking that fella just to make a show.

I understand it is over two .308 cartridges with A.P. bullets they found his fingerprints on. The guy admits he sold tracer ammo to the shooter and ignorant reporters
    are acting like it is some kind of special killer ammo. I watch live videos of the shooting and did not see any tractor ammo used myself. Also they are acting like
    his sale of 700 rds of ammo is an ungodly amount of ammo. Clueless that shooters routinely buy 1,000 cans of ammo (or more) for range/target shooting. I think the guy
    was an idiot for operating a home ammo business, likely without a business license, plus the liability it might cause him. He claims he did not sell any reloads, but???

Again, I don't think this will go far if he has a good lawyer. Kind of like the government selling 57 Chevy's and complaining someone use parts from one of them
    to make a different 57 Chevy. Again, they are getting criticized from all levels on they way they handle the investigation, so maybe they are trying to redeem
    themselves by charging someone, anyone, with something.

If I read right, the judge told him to give up his ammo/guns until it was resolved and released him without bail. Does not make it sound like they have a major/serious
    case against him.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 02-03-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Senior Veteran
    I read a few other articles that he didn't have a manufacturing license and they found tool marks on some of the orudns recovered. This will be one the jury will probably have to decide.

Here's an article that talks about the specific charges: http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/...ooter-10101872
    The answer to 1984 is 1776.