Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: sas12 for $139!

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nevada View Post
    Dang that looks good! I'll have to buy one and stick in the attic, just because. I will throw a LLimb Saver in the box too. At 140 degrees during the summer, the cosmo should melt off. And when I get bored I'll play with it.
    Good idea. Never thought about sticking cosmo covered guns in the attic. Thanks.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

thats a great way to get it to melt out.... just be sure that it cans soak thru your ceiling!

its like they dipped these things in it & its even INSIDE the rear buttstock.

i took a hair dryer to it & got it to melt loose & let it all run down & then wiped it off several times & cleaned it.

really glad you guys have enjoyed this run thru. every now & then its nice to do just a simple run thru without any big changes or major work. still learn something new & have another gun to get in the way.

not sure if this is gonna go over the doorway of the shop or in the house towards the garage. but its gonna go somewhere easy to reach.
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

just an update for you guys that dont know:

TED22 had his barrel on one of these RUPTURE!!

we are doing some checks & hope to get some measurements tonite on mine to compare with him on it...

so far all we know is that his barrel "looked" fine & didnt even have the gouge that you see in my pic........ but he has mic'd it out at the front, rear & the blow out.

his is pretty friggin thin.

he was 1mm at the choke... but only .89 at the rupture spot & it looks like this (yes he gave me permission to use the pix)

thumb_IMG_6977_1024.jpgC2A66696-9902-49EA-8AA3-A231773D9CF7.jpg

notice this blew out BEFORE the gas port! & Ted says something still hit the target... which has some suggesting that maybe the wad/packing from his previous shot had remained stuck in the barrel... cause that is a huge blowout for something still going down range & hitting a target.
    Last edited by sdk1968; 03-16-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Senior Veteran
    That is no good! Blew out the forearm right where you hold on to it as well. Did he get hurt at all?

I don't think I would shoot one of these after seeing that.

Well now that is interesting, never seen that before with a modern shotgun.
    When you find out any more information about what happened please post

I had what must have been an under powered load cause a 380 round to get stuck in the barrel of a PA 63 and still eject the brass.
    The second round was fired it was knocked from my hand
    I took a dowel and knocked out two bullets.
    The P 63 was undamaged except for a plastic grip.
    It was very scary and a good lesson for wearing eye protection
    We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union

Senior Veteran
    I have not had a gun major malfunction on me in over 40 years of shooting. I hope it stays that way.

heres my update & this could use some help from those of you who bought these..... & YES i went ahead & shot mine while i was out there.. with my kevlars on. :-) mine is still working fine.

Centerfire has had no other reports of any issues & they sent Ted22 directly to the importer who also said there has been no reports of barrel failure... & they are sending him his choice of a new barrel or full refund, whichever he decides.

THINK Ted said his barrel was only 1mm at the rupture point... mine is 2mm just a little further down at the gas port.....

finally got to the garage & got the digi calipers out..

heres what i got (remember my barrel is cut off at 19 1/4" long)

at the end of the barrel : .071 real close to 1.8mm

at the gas port hole: .084 real close to 2mm

would really like for Tony, Bulrich or some of you other guys that got these to take some numbers for us to compare.

so far we dont know what its supposed to be.

been talking to several people who have these.... no issues or problems once you do what we talked about above. heres the latest update:

Tony, Demon & me messed with 2 of them this weekend.

first Tony tested his out in the shortest barrel & when it worked flawlessly it was time to shorten mine on down as well.

know your local laws!

im in Ohio so mine is 18".. & my barrel is now 18.1250" just for arguing sake. (not counting the brake)

after that we trimmed up the site rail then Tony & Demon threaded them for saiga pattern brake.

IMAG1576.jpg

so far the way we have done these guns has made them worth every penny you pay for them.

just simple take it apart, clean it, clear the chad out of the gas ports, buff all the rough edges & run high brass shells thru them.

we have found out that not all 2 3/4" ammo is 2.75" long. we checked 3 brands at the house & EVERY one of them was a different length!
    with that said: if your round doesnt measure 2.75" or less....... it aint gonna fit in that magazine!

winchester, federal & remington were all just fine.

S&B, magforce & elite were all too long!

dropping back to this as we had it out this weekend & put about 50 rnds thru it...

the gun has run perfectly on winchester & federal ammo. no issues at all.

i do like the lower cap magazine with the follower mod better than the higher cap magazine. if you are laying down/prone the high cap mag is too tall.

ok so why would anyone be lying down/prone with a semi auto shotgun? uhhhhh.... well... just to see if it works that way or not.

the only real question out there still is WHEN have you got your $ out of one of these for the price you paid?

this is officially my "barn gun" now & stays loaded in its spot for whenever its needed.

Hmmmm.........Early Remington test guns, before they decided to go with the pump action?
    RRRROOOWWWRRR PHHT PHHT I AM THE FORCE!