Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sas12 for $139!

Marshmallow roaster, oh, im going to love this.
    The fireball on my Extar is a crowd pleaser.

TEC Tactical is a Licensed 07/02

Quote Originally Posted by nevada View Post
    After watching two vids where flame comes out of the ejection port, I'll pass.
    it does make you decide to NOT do a bullpup out of it.
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

I keep talking myself out of a CIA PW87 lever 12ga. I really like it! $300!

Must stay off internet late at night.
    Last edited by nevada; 02-12-2018 at 12:36 PM.
    RRRROOOWWWRRR PHHT PHHT I AM THE FORCE!

OK I admit I went over to the TUBE and watched some videos. It doesn't do it every time but in a bull pup, well once would light a beard on fire.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

so got it out of the box tonite & took it apart... started wiping the cosmo off of it...

heres what i found first thing:

1. barrel is 27.5" long gas port is at 13.75" my ports were actually clear & smooth.

2. my barrel had several scratches down the sides of it & some flash rust at the attachment point of the gas block

3. INSIDE my barrel has a scratch that goes wiggle 2/3 of the way down the barrel & its deep enough to grab your fingernail.

4. my chamber is good & smooth

5. the facing edge of the rear barrel shank to the bolt looks like it was cut with a band saw!

6. bolt is good & smooth

7. gas piston is also good & smooth (lots of people have had rough ones)

8. finish on the receiver is GOOD. barrel... NO. not even close to being a color match let alone a "feel" match

there you have a quick & still dirty run through of what i saw. It definitely needs the rough edges knocked off of the mating surfaces & there is ZERO way to do anything with that scratch in the bore. ive literally seen rifling grooves that werent as deep as this "scratch".

dont think im good enough with a camera to picture it but will try this weekend.

at this point im very interested to hear from Tony after he wipes his down & see if maybe he got a better finished one.

still.... if it functions at all for the price? it will be worth the money. & it WILL function before im done with it.

Veteran
    You guys who are testing these,, and God bless you are doing the lords work there..

I just watched a couple videos.. and saw a lot of the feed issues.. Just a thought.. Those shotgun shells are rimed rounds.. maybe they need to be loaded rim before rim like you would load an Enfield or a Bren Magazine..???

in lots of those video's i see people trying to saiga them ....

they outrun the cycle rate like they think this is an AK they can mag dump. others are using low brass, which it very clearly tells you in print NOT to use.

so we'll see how much of it is rough edges, poor design vs operator inflicted failure. i just dont have any "cheap" shotgun ammo to use. all my shotty stuff is high power 00, 000 or slugs & most of my stuff is 3"... might have to make a trip to the local walfart to get some 2.75 stuff

in lots of those video's i see people trying to saiga them ....

they outrun the cycle rate like they think this is an AK they can mag dump. others are using low brass, which it very clearly tells you in print NOT to use.

so we'll see how much of it is rough edges, poor design vs operator inflicted failure. i just dont have any "cheap" shotgun ammo to use. all my shotty stuff is high power 00, 000 or slugs & most of my stuff is 3"... might have to make a trip to the local walfart to get some 2.75 stuff

and now heres the skinny after an hour in the shop...

there literally is not a surface on this that anyone on this site would call "finished". every surface is rough.

the op rod had big gouges & places in it that looked like a lawn mower blade after you mowed gravel.

oh & look at that gouge all teh way down the inside of the barrel from teh chamber to the gas port!!

the design is simple & an easy take down with just 1 pin & your fingers to completely do it.

cleaned it all, polished up the rough surfaces that you could (all stuff that you can remove)... but inside the receiver edges are rough & it doesnt come apart.. maybe some valve grinding compound & cycle it like the other dude did in a video.

but lets move on to the pictures.

simple set up & if it doesnt cycle good after chopping the barrel? will take some weight out of that op rod set up..

piston was actually good on this one & so was the piston sleeve.

the bolt had not a single surface that looked like a finished edge, took some fine sand paper & just ran over everything.

did i mention that just trying to hand cycle this thing sounded like you were shoving a block thru gravel?

look at the picture of the receiver & those scuffs are from where the assembled it at the factory! looks like it took several attempts to get it to go together.

also the plastic has tits & burrs on it everywhere... the finish looks to be black oxide on the receiver... you can breathe on it & see thru it.

as mentioned yesterday the barrel is so rough on the outside that it sounds like fingers on a nail file.

oh & did i mention the vent rib on top was crooked & had a big bow in it ? check the pic & see if you can see it at about 17-22" down!

so after cleaning & giving everything a quick thru with sand paper & a file & a huge dose of lube..

thru some winchester high brass 000 in it & went outside.

now the good news:

it ran flawlessly! kicked like a ..... 12 gauge long barreled shotgun fed, fire, eject with no problem.

other good: magazines are TIGHT in that well. no slop at all.

things to note: i shot this as a semi auto shotgun trying to stay on target instead of spray & pray machine gun.

heres the pix...

Very nice report. I'm half tempted at that price, but not sure I could smooth things up properly. You make it sound easy, lol. Really glad to hear it worked for you.
    RRRROOOWWWRRR PHHT PHHT I AM THE FORCE!