Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Prices of Milsurps

Current Prices of Milsurps

Seems across the board milsurps have really jumped in prices. Does not matter if it is K98s, MAS 49/56, Romanian PSL, you name it, I guess I should not be surprised as
    the well has run dry and hardly any milsurps are being imported the last few years. Also seems to be an active interest in younger generation that have played the games
    of war (video) games with these weapons and now are wanting a few real guns like the use in the games. I saw that talking to my nephew around Christmas where he
    was mentioning various cool WW2 weapons by make and model and how he would love to have the real things.

So where are prices going? $1,000 r.c. K98s and so on? New collectors are talking about how they never have seen this or that for sale, guns I have routinely
    seen for sale in the past. It also appears people are hanging on to what they get, (with in addition to import supply running dry), making for a scarcity of these
    old milsurps.

I am also seeing new collectors that have never seen crates of cheap surplus military ammo, where it was common to those of us that have been around for a
    while.

I feel lucky as I had my chance when a large variety (mass quantities) of cheap foreign imports were available and took advantage of it. No way I could put
    together what I have today. Not to discourage younger collectors, it just takes more money and more time to find the gems, but you sill can do it.

So what do you say???

Have to have a picture, so see what I can find (LOL)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Buckshot; 02-11-2018 at 10:46 AM.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

well, you said it yourself what is driving the cost of "milsurplus" rifles - availability, no new cheap imports so what is here, is it. gone are the days where dealers at gun shows had boxes and boxes of rifles, where you can handpick the one you want. now it's a take it or leave it

the hey day of buying cheap rifles, pistols etc...has came and gone.
    Last edited by Ghoulardi; 02-11-2018 at 12:17 PM.
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

One gun show I went to they were selling unopened boxes of Mosin -Nagants , six rifles for $200. I passed. (Sound of head being slapped) I also passed on a box of P38s for 1000. I wasn't interested in that pistol at that time. (repeat). It's nice to know what I have bought has increased in value, though at the time I thought some were kind of expensive.
    RRRROOOWWWRRR PHHT PHHT I AM THE FORCE!

seeing those k31s I paid 119.00 for my first k31 back in the day and there was a table of them and people just walked by them not even looking at them at the show it was before most even knew what they were just some strange rifle that didnt shoot 30-06 Back than if it didnt shoot 30-06 it wasnt any good .

I see the same thing and am glad I picked up most of my collection back then. I started collecting around the time the Russian imports dried up. I missed the SVTís and SKSís but Ukrainian Mosin were everywhere. I find it hard to believe my $39 M44s are going for $399. Thatís a pretty good investment right there. Back then I would buy a couple of what ever was available. Might keep them, might trade them or I even gave them away. I always kept the better of the group for my collection. My interests often shifted. I collected Arasakas, Mosins, Mauser, Enfields, Carcanos, carbines, pistols, semi autos, straight pulls, sub guns, black powder and of course their accessories. These days Iím still buying but I try to find things Iíve never seen or are different. Iím looking for guns that were imported and disappeared before I got into collecting but with the Milsurp prices skyrocketing Iíve shifted your focus again. Recently I started picking up mouse guns. I do occasionally find a deal on a Milsurp and if itís good enough I snatch it up if not I walk away.
    Last edited by apachedawg; 02-11-2018 at 04:13 PM.
    "EX ALIS PUGNAMUS"

Senior Veteran

Reminds me of my dad kicking himself over all the $20 lugers he passed up in the 1950's

Quote Originally Posted by jdowney View Post
    Reminds me of my dad kicking himself over all the $20 lugers he passed up in the 1950's
    Back when an Ariska Type 99 was worth more made into a lamp than as a working rifle (LOL).
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

There seems to be a lot about this topics, on the various boards I peruse. I'm not that knowledgeable on many varied platforms, but I know what I like and can afford, SKSs, Mosins, .22 semis . Plus I've always been fortunate, when I had the cash. As of late, I've sought out rifles I considered above my pay grade, but are vanishing quickly, FN49, SVT40 in specific. Before they eliminated cash & carry in Kali, I scarfed up as much iron & wood as I could find. A single estate buy, the leftovers from the family raid, jump started my bolt guns, and supplied me with parts for future salvages. Currently, I'm in a half a** position to barter without feeling like I gnawed off my foot at the ankle. PAX

I started buying back in the 80's and never stopped. I'm gonna' have a nice retirement bonus when I cash in!

Now is the time to be buying if you can find them.
    So many people are still looking for the "CHEAP" surplus rifle. They may be a few still out there, but not many.
    Most of those days are over and have been for the last couple of years.
    Now, they are searching and passing them up because they cost too much and then finding themselves wishing that had bought it when the could.
    Not many surplus guns being imported and the prices just continue to go higher.
    There are a lot of us old guys that just need to down size, but there is not enough guns to meet the needs of the public.
    I have been slowly selling off my collection of surplus rifles thru my dealer on consignment. ( He is my nephew and has a 07 FFL)
    It is much easier for me. Once I give them to him I am not involved in it.
    I just tell how much I want for it and he marks it up to make a small profit.
    I usually only take him a few at a time every few months.
    He does all the shipping, packing, etc. ( shipping is extra)
    It is easier for him to get a copy of the buyers ffl than for me. ( no hazzel for me now)
    Sometime he will get a request and call me and I will dig out a rifle or two and just take it to him.
    (He got a request a few weeks ago and I am going to take two really nice Mauser's M-96's to him next week and maybe a couple of Enfields. ( If I can get to them in the safe).
    He usually cleans them up really good ( when he has time) and takes great pictures of them.
    He is on facebook if your wanting to look. ( GULF COAST ARMS)
    He is working on a web page now and has a few on the page already.

So, Just look around your area and find a small FFL dealer and just tell him what you looking for, better yet, just give them a list of what you are looking for.
    Sometimes they find a good deal and will pass it on to a regular customer.

You can also find a FFL that will do consignments and work out a deal with them to sell some of your surplus stuff for you..........
    You may not get as much for them, but it cuts out the hazel...............
    ( Remember the FFL will have to log them into their book and if you get it back you will have to fill out the form like a buyer does.)

Ron
    Last edited by Planning; 02-12-2018 at 06:50 AM.
    31B