Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Current Prices of Milsurps

^^^ you cant go wrong with putting your boy on that gun. easy to handle and manage!

totally get what you guys are saying on the enjoyment vs cost. done tons of builds that were cheaper to buy than build. i get it. i really do.

just at some point for me it gets to the part of the inflated cost to "have another one" vs getting something different.

so sold 2 non military 1911's this week..... still got several & just couldnt convince myself to pick up another one. Maybe my 1911 lust has just worn off & something else will fill its place in the vault?

the condition of these when CMP gets done with them will be pretty good & if they were WWII time frame? i'd probably not worry about dropping the coin on them. guess im finally turning into an old tightwad.

then again ... maybe one of you guys will grab one of these & post a glowing review & convince the rest of us to jump in. its happened before!
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Veteran
    My dad had a gun shop in our house growing up. Started in the basement then overtook our garage. From there he bought a storefront in the village and it's still there under different management. He always collected US military firearms and told me when I was young they're a solid investment. They certainly were. The main difference between then and now is that there was a growing investment potential as we were purchasing when there were truckloads available. The cost of that same 03A3 30 years ago has increased in value 200% - a great investment. Folks buying a comparable 03A3 today will not be able to realize the value appreciation as we did although as long as they are careful they will still have a solid investment - probably better still than the stock market. They just won't see the percentage of return at the end that us old timers have.