Thread: Current Prices of Milsurps

Senior Veteran
    Can I give you a list?
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by scottz63 View Post
    Can I give you a list?
    Sorry, NO!
    I do not want to be in the loop.

If you interested just contact him and tell him what your looking for.
    He is very easy to deal with.
    Ron
    31B

Senior Veteran
    Just a heads up, might want to consult with your tax professional regarding the tax implications of selling property that has appreciated in value. As a general rule, even for private sale, the Gov wants its piece of the pie. There are ways to work with the system to achieve goals, but the usually take some planning. If you are sitting on a big stockpile, it might be worth the time to do some research before you find yourself in trouble with the IRS for unreported income.
    PLEASE NOTE!
    No post or message by this user shall be considered legal advice or a legal opinion, and shall not constitute the formation of a client/lawyer relationship. Do not rely on this information in making legal decisions. If you have a legal questions, please seek legal council qualified to practice law in the appropriate jurisdiction.

yeah especially on this newest batch of Garands & the 1911's coming thru CMP........ prices are gonna be ridic on those.
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

CMP sales of Garands is the only thing that has kept the price of them from going thru the roof. The shipment is a bonus, but they had them listed already and other than a few short breaks
    while they got caught up, have had them available. Them selling 8,000 1911s (or so) a year IMHO won't have any effect on price and with increased interest might even cause the price to go up.

Getting back to a point I mentioned (and have heard other say too), with the imports gone and prices going up people are not selling their milsurps like before. They are hanging on to
    them. I would guess millions of K98s, Mosins, (for example) were imported over the last 50 plus years, where did they all go???

I think I saw the last of the WW2 and Korean War generation estate type guns disappear a few years ago as that generation passed. I picked up a number of estate guns that way, but
    no more. A lot of guns came back with the GIs when the war was over.

I am currently concentrating on some upper end things and projects, not seeing or picking up many rifles. Numbers have really gone down for me, but cost has not.
    I have a never sell rule and I will pass my collection on to the kids, but realize it is more than anyone of them can handle/keep. The two youngest (boys) will likely keep
    a few and the rest be sold. My youngest has been complaining about my lack of notes, etc, on the collection as he will have to deal with it (estate), and he has a point.

Last there was a spell a few years back where I thought interest in milsurps was going down as many collectors were getting older and the younger generation would
    not jump in. Of all things it seems video games have actually cause the younger folks to be interested in all those "cool" milsurp guns they play with on them.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 02-12-2018 at 09:03 AM.
    Occam's razor, the simplest explanation will be the most plausible

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma Nostra View Post
    Just a heads up, might want to consult with your tax professional regarding the tax implications of selling property that has appreciated in value. As a general rule, even for private sale, the Gov wants its piece of the pie. There are ways to work with the system to achieve goals, but the usually take some planning. If you are sitting on a big stockpile, it might be worth the time to do some research before you find yourself in trouble with the IRS for unreported income.
    Yea! This is correct.
    My CPA takes care of this for us.
    31B

Quote Originally Posted by Planning View Post
    Sorry, NO!
    I do not want to be in the loop.

If you interested just contact him and tell him what your looking for.
    He is very easy to deal with.
    Ron
    Ron,

What about parts or stuff that doesn't require FFL transfers. You know, the goodies? Sell those direct? PAX

Quote Originally Posted by echo1 View Post
    Ron,

What about parts or stuff that doesn't require FFL transfers. You know, the goodies? Sell those direct? PAX
    I really have not done much with the parts, just trying to get rid of the guns has been my focus for the last 10-15 years.

Most of the parts are still in boxes in storage. "SOME DAY" I will start on them.
    I still have lots of kits that are ready to be built, "With the receivers", some kits without receivers and a few thousand+ assorted parts. ( That is just a WAG.)
    It is just to much work to dig them out and the laws of each state on gun parts. It is not simple any more....................
    Maybe, Just maybe I will sell a few parts this year.
    Ron
    31B

^^^^ even if you do... you will find out that they multiplied over the years.

then you start going : ah i dont really want to get rid of that yet...

it happens to all of us who stock parts kits & ammo. sellers remorse.
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Quote Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post
    ^^^^ even if you do... you will find out that they multiplied over the years.

then you start going : ah i dont really want to get rid of that yet...

it happens to all of us who stock parts kits & ammo. sellers remorse.
    YEP! That is correct. "SELLERS REMORSE' comes to mind.
    I sold some complete retro uppers a few years ago and was sorry I had sold them.

There were a few guys looking for parts a few years back, so I went to storage and found them and gave them a price.
    (current value price) they said no thanks, they wanted them at what I paid for them.
    Not going to happen, so I sold them to someone else that had posted they were looking for them and they were happy to get them.
    The prices on parts has gone sky high and it doesn't look like the prices are going to go down any time soon.
    There are a few companies making reproduction parts now and that is a good thing, but some people want the real thing when building.

I almost always get the comment " I could have bought them for " insert price" back when. I usually I ask them why they didn't?

This is not trying to be being a butt head, but several of us recommended on this site and other sites we belong to almost every day that buying surplus ammo and parts for the future was a good thing.
    We got a lot of flack from several people for it. " there is a lot of surplus out there" was a common quote, "they will never run out" or something along those lines.
    I feel sorry for the new guys now, but in a few years they to will be the old guys wishing they had bought parts and ammo when it was cheaper.

OLD MAN rant again...........sorry.
    Ron
    Last edited by Planning; 02-14-2018 at 12:09 PM.
    31B