Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: And today's experiment is.......

Quote Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post
    Don,

guessing you already got hit with that snow/cold we are gonna get here tonight... stay warm & clean some guns !
    Yep, got 1/2" last night and it's cold out there. Doubt I'll get much more shooting done this year. Loading season has begun. Got 200 rds. of range fodder for the M4/M16, and 50 rds. of some 125g TC for the M92 loaded yesterday while watching football. Got all the 32/40 boolets resized for the Enfield this morning. Got another free week of vacation. Tractors aren't selling.

While waiting for UPS to drop off some springs and bullets this afternoon I needed something to do. Time to see what that Annealeez machine is all about. I used a very un-scientific setup method. In other words I'm just winging it here lol! Turned the lights off and set the timer so the case necks turned a dull red. When they cooled off the coloration on the necks looked like my IMI .223 brass so I figure it has to be close. Started with my crappy S&B .303 brass, and then ran a batch of LC 45 brass for the 03-A3. That vintage rifle deserves vintage brass lol!

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

Senior Veteran
    Nice! First time I have seen such a contraption as that. Lol!
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

thats pretty friggin cool.

never seen one of those or seen anybody do that at all.

thanks for sharing!
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Quote Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post
    thats pretty friggin cool.

never seen one of those or seen anybody do that at all.

thanks for sharing!
    That contraption should keep my rifle brass going until the primer pockets get loose.

Xmas came early here. I finally found the last accessory I was looking for the Polish M44. The wz.33 Tokarev to go with it. Polish Tok's are thin around here. Last one I saw was 5yrs. ago, beat up, and north of $500. Nope, too much for my cheap gene. Last week Classic Firearms got a batch in. They looked very nice on the initial opening vid, and all the ones coming out dated 52, which is the date on my M44. I had to give it a go. Here's what they were selling. Gone now, sold out fast.
    I didn't pay for hand select. If I had, probably would have got a new one. This unit is 90+%. Shows a little wear on the front/back straps of the hand grip. A little wear on the barrel chamber at the ejection port, and found a little surface rust starting on the inside of the frame under the firing pin group. Otherwise, this pistol looks as new. Bore is spotless. No frame rail/slide wear. Looks to have very low round count. #'s matching except the mag, and it's also dated 52 like the Mosin. Nice touch there. Sometimes being cheap and patience pays off.

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

So, what to feed it? I hear this is a snappy round so want some of that. I bought a can of the Czech surplus on the stripper clips. Headstamp is 53 bxn which is probably Sellier & Bellot. Other than "Hey, that's corrosive", anyone shoot this and have an opinion on it? The strippers don't fit the pistol mag, must be for the smg mags.
    Of course, I'll have to load for it. Got a bag of Starline brass and some Lee dies. Have my 110g .30 Carbine bullets to start with. Notice how deep those bullets sit in the case.
    So, I have 25% heavier bullets than this usually runs, load data I can only find on the interweb I have to sift thru my wheat/chaff filter, and most likely a 67yr old recoil spring. What could possibly go wrong with this project

IMG_1211.jpg
    Last edited by Don in IA; 11-26-2019 at 01:40 AM.

Nothing can go wrong when you fly with at least one wing in the air.
    Joe
    COG#1453

have had a pile of the TT33's...... great little toss around toys. every now & then you will get one with a weak hammer spring, but other than that? fine guns.

DO like the Polish ones best on the 33's that we got as surplus, they are usually in better shape.

havent ever shot any of that particular ammo. looking forward to seeing how it does for you.

Got out to the range today for some pistol work. Started with the .45 practice load project. I mentioned waiting for some springs a few posts back, and one of them was a 14 lb. recoil spring for the Commander. The stock 18 lb. spring wasn't cooperating. The 5g HP38 load stove piped all but one that dribbled out, so it's close. The 7g SW-AP load landed all the brass at my right foot, and the 7.5g load was about 2/3 foot over. I'm close on the powder charges so now down to tuning for accuracy. Progress made there.

Then I grabbed the wz.33 for the first range test. Loaded 3 ea. of the .30 Carbine Berry plated 110g over 4/4.5g of HP38. The 4g load stove piped 1, and the other 2 landed by by right foot. Cool! The 4.5g load pitched 3/4 feet right. Off to a real good start on this project. Then I shot a mag full of that Czech surplus. Holy Crap! Yep, that's the snappy ammo I was looking for! LOUD thru the earplugs. Felt like a mid range .357. Thankfully, 1 of the steel cases landed on the walkway to the parking so I can do some measuring. A full 10 paces away. The other 7 probably left the county lol! Trigger has a lot more take up, and stiffer than the Commander. It is what it is. Good enough. I really like this pistol. Going to be a fun project. I also like adding the accessories, but unfortunately this doesn't many. Fits in my 1911 holsters and has no bayonet lug lol! What it did need was a couple more mags, which I found at KB International, and I'm not real keen on those plastic grips. The wood grips were all to much $. I was hoping Hogue had a nice set of rubber ones, but no luck there so went with their rubber slip on unit more to protect those minty plastic grips than anything else. Felt comfy shooting today. I think I'm developing an affinity for these Combloc weapons, now that I have the Mosin trigger sorted. Built like a brick outhouse, and simple enough an illiterate peasant conscript (me) can keep clean and running lol!

IMG_1212.jpg

hey there is a guy on the boards who makes the hogue style combat grips for these tt33's...

ive got them posted here on MF somewhere. IF they dont turn up in the search of my threads? let me know & i'll run out to the vault this weekend & take ya a pic of them & see if we can find the guys info.

Running out of nice days here, so off to the pistol range today. Started with the wz33. Split the difference of the first loads tried at 4.2g of HP38. Function 100% with the brass dropping just to the right. Good enough to load a box to see if there is enough accuracy to continue. Then shot another mag of the Czech stuff. All hit low/left which can be dealt with a drift and file. Then shot 3 more loads thru the Commander for the target load project. 5.2g HP38, and 5.5/6g of SW-UP. Again, all functioned 100% dropping the brass close to the right. That 14lb. recoil spring turned the corner on this project. Wish I'd done that earlier this summer. The HP38 load is a little dirty at this light level, but it grouped the best and was close to POA, so I'll load a box and see how it goes.

IMG_1213.jpg
    Last edited by Don in IA; 12-05-2019 at 01:39 AM.