Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: And today's experiment is.......

My God! You've got a smoker stashed away. Always wanted one. Reminds me of black powder.
    Joe
    COG#1453

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jbruney View Post
    My God! You've got a smoker stashed away. Always wanted one. Reminds me of black powder.
    Hey Joe. I wish it was just 1. Need to get rid of a few.

Got another loading project going. I suck with the .45's, so I want a light target load that drops the brass close so I don't spend as much time looking for it as I do shooting it.
    Picked up 2 100/bags of Lightning cleaned brass. Ended up with 212 total, of which there were 33 needing small primers. The 1 pc. that looked iffy I used for the test dummy load. Bullets are Acme 175g SWC coated. Starting very light with 3.8g of HP38. I'll be very surprised if this cycles the Commander. What I mostly want with this load is to learn about tuning .45's. I have the reduced recoil spring kit for the GI, which has 11-15lb. springs. Want to see how light I have to go to get it to cycle. Then I'll keep bumping it up until the Commander cycles, and try to match a spring in the GI for that load. The ammo boxes are Berry's. I prefer MTM's but they were out. These have hinges and look like they'll hold up ok.
    Going to be awhile before shooting these. Going to be -35 tomorrow. The only shooting going on here is CoD 2 on the Xbox 360. Trying to take out one of Rommel's ammo/fuel dumps in Africa and keep wandering into the same minefield. It's not going well lol! The MP40 I picked up is awesome!

IMG_1014.jpg
    Last edited by Don in IA; 01-28-2019 at 04:21 PM.

I tinkered with my cetme's in such a way when I started reloading for them. Now I can't even recall where the info is which I settled on It's been so long.... well it'll pop up one day when I'm not looking for it I guess.

I've been having a lot of good riding days here lately and manage to grab myself at least 20mi every other day on a quick cruise.
    Joe
    COG#1453

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Don in IA View Post
    Hey Joe. I wish it was just 1. Need to get rid of a few.

Got another loading project going. I suck with the .45's, so I want a light target load that drops the brass close so I don't spend as much time looking for it as I do shooting it.
    Picked up 2 100/bags of Lightning cleaned brass. Ended up with 212 total, of which there were 33 needing small primers. The 1 pc. that looked iffy I used for the test dummy load. Bullets are Acme 175g SWC coated. Starting very light with 3.8g of HP38. I'll be very surprised if this cycles the Commander. What I mostly want with this load is to learn about tuning .45's. I have the reduced recoil spring kit for the GI, which has 11-15lb. springs. Want to see how light I have to go to get it to cycle. Then I'll keep bumping it up until the Commander cycles, and try to match a spring in the GI for that load. The ammo boxes are Berry's. I prefer MTM's but they were out. These have hinges and look like they'll hold up ok.
    Going to be awhile before shooting these. Going to be -35 tomorrow. The only shooting going on here is CoD 2 on the Xbox 360. Trying to take out one of Rommel's ammo/fuel dumps in Africa and keep wandering into the same minefield. It's not going well lol! The MP40 I picked up is awesome!
    It will be nice to get reliable feed and ejection without having to chase brass all over the place. Should be fun tuning the springs for that.

Going to get really cold here too in the next couple of days. -6 regular temp with -30 wind chill temps. But, mid to upper 50's this weekend. Missouri weather. Lol
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

sooo neat. sooo clean.... calms me just to see it in pictures.. nice & relaxing.

clean & neat = cleanliness is next to Godliness.
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.