Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: And today's experiment is.......

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Don in IA View Post
    Scott, I'm trying to get some interest back in the Comet. That pos Edelbrock carb had to go, so I went back to a stock Autolite 4100. Grab your eye bleach. It's damn ugly under the hood lol!
    Good to see you are working on it. I need to get my old girl out too and work on her. I played around with one of those Edelbrock carbs when they first came out, they are junk. I'm running a Demon carb on mine right now, best carb out there for Hotrods.

You just needs some clean-up and some paint under there. Mine is not done under the hood yet and I have owned the car for 22 years now. Lol! Here is an underhood pic of mine. Some motivation for you.

SHINY2.jpg
    Last edited by scottz63; 03-15-2020 at 07:15 PM.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

You just needs some clean-up and some paint under there. Mine is not done under the hood yet and I have owned the car for 22 years now. Lol! Here is an underhood pic of mine. Some motivation for you.

Well Scott, I'd say your under hood look is already better than mine will ever be. I'm going with "I like patina, and they're only original once" lol! Nice job with the Mauser pistol rear sight btw.

Got another Bubba's workbench project done this morning. I really like that prairie hunter stock I put on the Ruger, so got one for the CZ527. Since it shoots the same round as the green AK, it needed some green in it. The zombie hunter laminate was a little too bright, so I went with forest camo. Not quite the drop in fit the Ruger stock had. Needed a .030" shim under the action at the front screw. Luckily I had 1 shim left from the Mosin kit. A little trimming and a hole drilled got it together. Free floated the barrel "almost" to the chamber so might have to do a little relief sanding.

IMG_1234.jpg

Senior Veteran
    Oooo....I like that stock!

Yes, the Mauser HSc rear was the final piece I needed. Had to get it all the way from Europe. Now I need to complete my home parkerizing set-up to put a finish on it.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer