Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: And today's experiment is.......

backing you up just a hair....

never had a TOK with that type of glocky trigger. wonder if you could exchange it with a regular TOK trigger pack?
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sdk1968 View Post

never had a TOK with that type of glocky trigger. wonder if you could exchange it with a regular TOK trigger pack?
    Yes you can Sean, I have seen people do it already. Then you can have an original Military configuration Tok with no safety!
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Over on the Gunboards forum, in the handgun section, there's a long thread on these showing what people have been getting out of this batch. Many of them have swapped in a Yugo trigger and say they work just fine.If I can find a cheap one I'll try it. Would make for a nicer looking unit than the ones with the add on frame safety's like the Polish one I got.

I haven't shot the sporting rifles yet this year so got them out today. Shooting the 100 yd line.

Started with a bullet test in the Ruger. Berry 55g FMJ, Dogtown 55g HP, Hornady 55g A-max, and Hornady 53g HP Match, all over 24g 0f Shooters World Tac, which I'm pretty sure is old AA 2230. Also loaded some A-max's over 24g of H335.
    As usual, the Berry FMJ's threw flyers, 4 went WAY low. Dogtown's had a horizontal spread, but 9/10 cut the same hole and won today with a 1.4" group. Both A-max loads made round groups at 2.5" Hornady 53g had horizontal spread at 3.5" So much for being match bullrts lol! I've shot this better, but what the hell. A bad day at the range still trumps a good day at work!

I didn't have any test loads for the CZ, so grabbed a box each of GT 123 FMJ and Wolf 123 HP's. Fired up T-Rex and played Bang a gong, get it on lol! The Wolf hung around the middle, and as usual the GT avoided it!

IMG_1319.jpg

Shooting season is drawing to a close for me, so worked on a misc. project today. The new Mojo sight on the Mauser. Went to the 50yd line with some of my cheap M80 blammo. I don't think I've shot any full power loads thru this since the first time I shot it with the S. Korean M80 surplus. Found out the Mojo won't go low enough. Had the round elev. knob all the down on top of the OE roller coaster sight and it was 3" high of POA. Gonna have to figure something out for a taller front sight.
    Then, as long as I was using .308, it was a good excuse to get more break-in done on the M1. Ran 5 clips thru that. Spent the first one fiddling with the sights, 2nd on the SR-1 target, and the last 3 wasting the zombie lol! It's not a complete shooting season unless you hear PING a few times lol!
    For pistol practice, I took the new Star BM as I have some new gear to test. I like this enough to throw a little more $ at it so got a couple more mags, and put a nice set of walnut grips on as the plastic ones were worn fairly smooth. OK, I hear the silk purse/ sow's ear sniggers and totally agree lol! It was a little easier to hold on to with the fresh checkering. Too bad the targets don't show that, but I'm keeping more of the shots on paper than I used to. Both new mags ran 100%. If fact, this pistol hasn't had a hiccup yet which is reason enough to like it better than the pos Taurus I swapped, let alone the sweeter trigger. Shooting 115g and 124g reloads today.

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg
    Last edited by Don in IA; 09-17-2020 at 10:08 AM.

Senior Veteran
    Nice shooting! That Star looks better with the wood grips.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

yep thats a nice looking upgrade.

would you consider this as a carry pistol? or do you think its still too heavy?
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

yep thats a nice looking upgrade.

would you consider this as a carry pistol? or do you think its still too heavy?
    It's 1/2" shorter than my .45 commander and weighs about the same. For now, if I thought I needed to carry a semi-auto I'd pick this Star. It's well run in. Both my .45's are fairly new and still have the occasional bobble. I have more .45 boolits on the way to take care of that lol!