Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M 16 in Soviet service 1980's ?

We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulardi View Post
    I have no doubt that the biggest supply of M16s and a whole lot of other US weapons/equipment came from Viet-Nam.

if the year is correct, 1978, that is only 3 years after the fall of Saigon
    That was my first guess. EVEN Jimmah Catah was smatah than to have been "Operation Gunwalker-ing" M-16's to the Soviets.
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    Question for similar topic
    Has anyone ever seen a photo of FAL SKS or M 1 Carbine in use during Soviet era Afghan war 1979/89?
    Either being held by Soviet soldiers as trophy, Afghan Guerrilla as weapon.
    Or in a pile of captured rifles for display
    The Cubans and Nicaraguans of that ear were using them, and no doubt the pipeline back to Moscow ran BOTH ways.

I always thought that odd initially, as they were using them against the Wolverines (Red Dawn, 1984) in what looked like, a lumberyard shootout at one point in the movie. Then I realized later, they no doubt got theirs from Argentina.

We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. - John Adams, 2nd U.S. President -

Quote Originally Posted by The War Wagon View Post
    The Cubans and Nicaraguans of that ear were using them, and no doubt the pipeline back to Moscow ran BOTH ways.

I always thought that odd initially, as they were using them against the Wolverines (Red Dawn, 1984) in what looked like, a lumberyard shootout at one point in the movie. Then I realized later, they no doubt got theirs from Argentina.

Billy change the station Red Dawn is on Channel 2
    FEEC1539-C0D9-4F89-88EB-0B2C3534C3F4.jpeg
    Last edited by Norton; 10-04-2021 at 01:29 PM.
    We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union

Great picture of Jimmy and Billy!! That really made me smile!! No Billy Beer??!!