Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: MarColMar New CETME L Rifles

Veteran
    Totally understand... we would not specifically copy the tech of the Enosa, but the look, using the stanag mount, and have a similar reticle.
    The ENOSA, as neat as it is, is today a very outdated optic, and has been surpassed by other optics... given that, and with its age, there should be no issues copying it, provided it wasn't marked with proprietary trademarks or model numbers and names. These scopes have been surplused, and available on the secondary market, which is why APEX received them before.
    The SUSAT is the same and still actively deployed I believe, and is widely copied, although often poorly, for airsoft etc. We would of course, be reaching for a much HIGHER level of quality.

BEST yet, if ENOSA is still an operating concern, I'd gladly buy the scopes from them if a deal could be struck, at an acceptable price... and have them built new if capabilities still exist.

However I can find no active listing for ENOSA as an operating concern... if someone can I'd gladly give it a shot.

Dave Bane
    Owner
    MarColMar Firearms LLC

Looks like I'll be on the hook for an LC model too!

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Combloc View Post
    Looks like I'll be on the hook for an LC model too!
    Might as well get one!
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Thanks for the detailed reply...sounds like I may as well go ahead and get the L, then wait for an LC.

As a foot note, perhaps try getting a hold of Primary Arms as the owner is a nice guy and gets decent quality scopes/red dots made that he sell on his website. Maybe you can work out a deal with him. I'm not concerned with an exact repro, as from the reports I've heard on the original scopes were not great (good, but not great)...I'd just want one that looks the part and works decent. If they could just use an existing scope and make it 'look' the part it would work for me.

Thanks again for the info.

Senior Veteran
    ENOSA (Empresa Nacional de Optica S.A.) no longer exists.
    It was one of the several government-owned companies that got sold piecemeal to generate revenue in the 90's. If I'm not mistaken, it was bought by Indra (new brand can be seen in some optical devices).

Original ENOSA scopes are rarely seen here in the collector's market, and many are still probably in military warehouses. But with the STANAG mount, you could get many scopes (I saw one captain using a Hendsoldt from a G3) and old SUSAT were standard issue in the marine infantry corps.
    And no, they were not very good. Limited field of view, and uncomfortable eye relief. Or I could put the blame it on my eyes instead of the scope :-P

And if you want a lot of extra work, you can try to reproduce the mount for the L:
    montura visor L.jpg
    Last edited by Sampedro; 12-02-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Veteran
    That mount...that looks awesome and doesn't look anything like what we got surplus to mount scopes on Ls here.

I'm not convinced it wasn't crap, but it looks awesome. Might have to draw and print that, then try some investment casting.

I am not using the CETME sights at all on my build but if I were, that's the scope mount I would use

Veteran
    If someone can get me one, be happy to see what it would take to machine one... looks interesting!

Senior Veteran
    It hooks cross-pin at the front of the rear sight, and the rear screw secures it in the "dimple" at the back of the sight base.

Quote Originally Posted by MarColMar Firearms View Post
    If someone can get me one, be happy to see what it would take to machine one... looks interesting!
    Never seen one out of the armory (since we had LVs, no L was given a scope), but I will check among the militaria collector's. I doubt it was very common.

Veteran
    Great, and if you can find an original rear sight w/ drum, and front handguard, we'd LOVE to make an "early" CETME L for collectors!

Veteran

First 200

Guys,

We have a few order spots open for CETME L's still...

The first 200 are painted, and assembly has begun...

Get yourself a Christmas gift and order today!

www.marcolmarfirearms.com/distribution.html

CETME L Up Close.jpg

Dave Bane
    Owner
    MarColMar Firearms LLC