Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MarColMar New CETME L Rifles

Senior Veteran
    Cool! Looking forward to a video of that.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MarColMar Firearms View Post

We have only run into one problem in torture testing... we noticed Wolf .62gr was from time to time hitting the target on their side... while IMI, Federal, and PMC 62gr and Wolf 55 was just fine... we finally came to the realization that some of the rounds were just under-powered and not stabilizing properly.... very strange. This Wolf was made by Barnaul.

Doesn't surprise me. Santa Barbara ammo of the era was often so hot-loaded that you got overpressure and heat damage in gas-operated rifles (in 1994 there was some NATO internal order to not use Spanish-made ammo in gas-operated rifles).
    But since CETME L recoil springs were fairly stiff when new, and mostly full (and quite bad) magazines added more resistance, it's the way someone decided to load it. In the tests made in 1996 to choose the new assault rifle, the gas port in one of the G36 looked like you had used a file to widen the hole after just a mag-dump in full-auto (but probably had previous wear, since we didn't see the rifle dissassembled until it failed).
    After that, Santa Barbara ammo was not used for the tests (even thought Galil, Sig551, and Diemaco C7 ran without problems until then).

Quote Originally Posted by MarColMar Firearms View Post
    Going good... it sounds easy shooting 10,000 rounds through a gun... but ends up being an immense chore! LOL

We don't have a photo of one in green, as we initially had chosen Noveske Bazooka Green Cerakote for the official color... till we saw it on a gun. We have since moved to Cerakote Multicam green... which is a much better match to many of the original parts.

As you can imagine there are about 8 different shades of green in all the parts we bought...

We also don't have the green for the injection molders back from the mixers... they are matching the green and FDE we are using... but as soon as we do I'll post pics.

We shot it so hard that we had cookoffs, and even began to melt the handguard... which requires at least 500 degrees.... so it was getting a workout! Video to come!

Stay tuned....
    I was thinking that having the first MarColMar CETME Model L rifles released with black finish was so they would be easily recognizable as NOT being made by that "other" company.
    I too have always been impressed with the guns MarColMar manufactured.
    AK-74's, PKM's, the UK-59 and now the CETME Model L.
    The UK-59 was a brilliant piece of design work (the semi-auto mods) and that receiver was quite an engineering effort.
    I have had a glimpse behind the curtain at all the hard work going into the Model L, and it appears to me that nothing was taken for granted.
    This Model L is a better rifle than the guns produced in Santa Barbara!

Richard
    APEX Gun Parts ORDERS 719-481-2050
    http://www.apexgunparts.com

And that's exactly why I'll be buying one and doing an "in detail" write-up on it!
    Last edited by Combloc; 08-03-2018 at 07:59 PM.

Veteran
    Hmmmm, in 10,000 kits I wonder if they have any of the full-length square firearms? I am looking for one of those.

Hey Marcolmar, since you are selling new US furniture, would you sell a Spanish early-style squared forearm?

Senior Veteran
    That's a thought. What are they going to do with 10,000 sets of furniture form all of the kits?
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by Xnke View Post
    Hmmmm, in 10,000 kits I wonder if they have any of the full-length square firearms? I am looking for one of those.

Hey Marcolmar, since you are selling new US furniture, would you sell a Spanish early-style squared forearm?
    My people have looked at every kit that we sold.
    We have not seen anything that wasn't part of a standard late issue Model L, LV or LC.
    We knew there were differences in early guns, but never spotted any of them.

Richard
    APEX Gun Parts ORDERS 719-481-2050
    http://www.apexgunparts.com

Senior Veteran
    Changes were made quite soon. So soon, the military barely used the early versions.
    Only Guardia Civil kept the earlier versions with squared full-lenght handguards (still in use, or at least in their armories), since they didn't give the rifles the use and wear a bunch of conscript trainees could cause in just one year. Those handguards retained a lot of barrel-heat, and its plastic melted with a "moderate" amount of firing.

New Recruit
    On the original furniture, we'll sell you a set, we have plenty... and its just sitting in boxes...

We will however be selling our new sets, made with more modern and heat resistant polymers, in black, FDE and green.

We did another 1,000 flawless rounds today... testing going good.