Thread: SEF Trigger Housing and Hkparts semi auto trigger group compatible w/PTR CETME flat?

New Recruit

SEF Trigger Housing and Hkparts semi auto trigger group compatible w/PTR CETME flat?

I guess the title about sums it up!! This is probably the first of MANY stupid questions over the next few months out of me!! I'm amassing parts to build my first DRB rifle from a CETME C kit from SARCO. I have been lurking around here for awhile gleaning knowledge, and PMed holescreek with some initial dumb questions, but don't want to keep pestering the poor guy. In the SHORT TERM, my plan is to demil my existing FCG and use the kit's lower, but long term I'm looking at a Navy style SEF lower and semi auto trigger pack from Hkparts...with the long shaft safety. Can someone please tell me if those components will work for my purposes? The options are frighteningly many, and I'm really iffy on just what will work in a semi only CETME. Thanks!!
    Last edited by SgtHorvak; 05-02-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Buy your parts from rtgparts.com He has a 4-US parts 91 style lower FCG for less than $200 right now. I can guarantee 3 of those parts. :-)

New Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwing View Post
    Buy your parts from rtgparts.com He has a 4-US parts 91 style lower FCG for less than $200 right now. I can guarantee 3 of those parts. :-)
    Yes, Sir, I was looking at that set also...I have opened an account with RTG, but was curious about the usability of SEF lowers as semi auto rifles, and PARTICULARLY along with PTR CETME C flats (hopefully soon to be "receiver" ) I appreciate your input. I will take that under advisement.

New Recruit
    Is that set at RTG gonna work with a CETME C type build, in a "SEF" type lower? I guess that's what I am wound around the axle about...I'm bewildered by the TONS of possible combinations with what is TO ME, a new and unknown platform. I am iffy about what will work with what...although I DO have the compatibility list from RTG...thanks for your input!!

New Recruit
    If you use an HK type trigger housing it will work in the SEF grip. If you use a CETME type trigger housing the slots on the underside will need to be opened up slightly to fit the grip but will work. It doesn't matter if its SEF, SE, SF, bullet marked etc as long as it isn't an Ambi type as they use a different trigger housing with different levers. The Ambi packs will fit the gun though once modified for the semi and their grips will as well.

Frank

New Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by biffj View Post
    If you use an HK type trigger housing it will work in the SEF grip. If you use a CETME type trigger housing the slots on the underside will need to be opened up slightly to fit the grip but will work. It doesn't matter if its SEF, SE, SF, bullet marked etc as long as it isn't an Ambi type as they use a different trigger housing with different levers. The Ambi packs will fit the gun though once modified for the semi and their grips will as well.

Frank
    Perfect!! Just what I needed to know!! My plan currently is to use my existing CETME FCG and lower until I can afford to upgrade to the HK pack and lower. I really appreciate the help! Steve