Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Picked Up a "New" Norinco Today

  1. #11
    Planning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    REPUBLIC of TEXAS
    Posts
    8,224
    Rep Power
    612
    I like them. Thanks for the pictures.
    Your correct about the pictures. Seldom do you see them in detail.
    It really cleaned up very nice.
    There are many of them that were used to make up custom pistols, some were use to make up competition pistols.
    You are very lucky to find one that is original and new.
    You don't see them up for sale very often.
    Great buy.
    Ron
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I bought 25 of the officers model many years ago. All mine were numbered under 100 serial #.
    Only 600 were imported and FFL dealers could only get 25 of them.
    I had kept 3 of them for myself, but I let 2 friends buy them.
    It is still new in the box. Pictures of mine to add to the discussion.
    I kept serial number 3 . ( they all started with a 2XXXXX)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Planning; 06-04-2018 at 09:26 PM.
    31B

  2. #12
    Senior Veteran nevada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Nevada -West of the Strip
    Posts
    4,756
    Rep Power
    279
    The commander version was the first 45 I owned. No 3 dot sights or rubber grips. The metal inside the frame looked chewed up by a dull tool head, but was really hard. None of my files had any effect. Any aftermarket parts I bought fit perfectly. It was the only reliable 45 I owned until I bought the CZ97. I gave it to a nieces boyfriend when his got stolen. I paid the grand sum of $100 for it. As usual, I wish I still had it.
    RRRROOOWWWRRR PHHT PHHT I AM THE FORCE!

  3. #13
    Senior Veteran
    scottz63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central Mo.
    Posts
    3,131
    Rep Power
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Planning View Post
    I like them. Thanks for the pictures.

    I bought 25 of the officers model many years ago. All mine were numbered under 100 serial #.
    Only 600 were imported and FFL dealers could only get 25 of them.
    I had kept 3 of them for myself, but I let 2 friends buy them.
    It is still new in the box.
    I kept serial number 3 . ( they all started with a 2XXXXX)
    That's pretty cool being serial number 3 and new in the box.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

  4. #14
    Planning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    REPUBLIC of TEXAS
    Posts
    8,224
    Rep Power
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by scottz63 View Post
    That's pretty cool being serial number 3 and new in the box.
    The serial # all started with a 2.
    That was the code for made in 1992.
    With the China ban starting no more were imported of these.
    This was the only batch of them imported of this model.

    I keep thinking some day I will shoot it, but so for I have not.
    31B

  5. #15
    Senior Veteran hansellhd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,108
    Rep Power
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by Combloc View Post
    That very much surprises me buddy!
    When it comes to the Chi-Com stuff you the Man! As you well know I'm more into the Euro Trash scene.
    HDH.

  6. #16
    Senior Veteran Combloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Planning View Post
    I like them. Thanks for the pictures.
    Your correct about the pictures. Seldom do you see them in detail.
    It really cleaned up very nice.
    There are many of them that were used to make up custom pistols, some were use to make up competition pistols.
    You are very lucky to find one that is original and new.
    You don't see them up for sale very often.
    Great buy.
    Ron
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I bought 25 of the officers model many years ago. All mine were numbered under 100 serial #.
    Only 600 were imported and FFL dealers could only get 25 of them.
    I had kept 3 of them for myself, but I let 2 friends buy them.
    It is still new in the box. Pictures of mine to add to the discussion.
    I kept serial number 3 . ( they all started with a 2XXXXX)
    Thank you for posting pictures sir! I just opened a 2000 round case of 1992 Chinese 9mm a couple weeks ago. It's in a very similar box to the one that came with your pistol. Neato! I remember when this stuff was still being imported, we blew through it like it was candy but we bought so much I'm still shooting it 26 years later! My MP5's LOVE the stuff. I', still shooting the 7.62x39 ammo too.

  7. #17
    Senior Veteran
    scottz63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central Mo.
    Posts
    3,131
    Rep Power
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Planning View Post
    The serial # all started with a 2.
    That was the code for made in 1992.
    With the China ban starting no more were imported of these.
    This was the only batch of them imported of this model.

    I keep thinking some day I will shoot it, but so for I have not.
    So only 600 of this model(officers) ever imported, what are they worth now? The only ones I can find on GB are the standard models.
    Last edited by scottz63; 06-05-2018 at 06:38 AM.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Similar Threads

  1. Norinco SKS groups 6" to the right
    By Mf-dif in forum AK-47/74
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 04:54 PM
  2. "Navy Veterans" "charity" scam
    By RandyCOG3 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 10:00 AM
  3. My boy now has a new "fortified position"/"pirate ship"
    By parallel in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 05:25 PM
  4. Funny poll: Are you a "buncher" or a "folder"?
    By SteelCore in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 07:29 PM
  5. WTS: Norinco SKS "paratrooper" all matching
    By tidepool in forum For Sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 07:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •