Thread: Post a random firearm pic.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62guy View Post
    Polish RPD
    One of my favorites.
    Very Nice on one of my short lists

Quote Originally Posted by indy1919a4 View Post
    Very Nice on one of my short lists
    Thanks for the kind words all. Indy, all I can say is try and find a kit now if there are still any left. There are many people doing the builds from the kits if your like me and not a builder. If you are then you need to find a kit now or settle for what some one wants for a finished rifle. I may be wrong but I think these are something we are going to see increase in the future.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

One of my favorite rifles I wanted as a kid... Was one of the ape rifle from the planet of the apes moves..

This is a 2 part aluminum shell with a real m1 carbine inside.. This can and does fire real bullets... The original m1 carbines for the movie were fixed up to cycle with the blanks. But for me it was cheaper and easier to shoot real bullets through it rather then buy blanks and fix up the barrel with the blank adapter. When they made Planet of the apes the original gun shells were made of Balsa wood.. they started with 12 rifles, By the time they were near the end of filming the recoil from the blanks had torn up the shells so badly they were down to one gun that was still screen worthy.. And from what I have been able to piece together it was heavily glued and taped... One of the issues was the shells were cut for a WW II M1 Carbine, and the props guns purchased were later commercial M1 guns that did not fit correctly.

So when they made the Beneath the planet of the apes they ordered 12 hero rifles but decided to make the shells out of Aluminum.. This shell should out live the gun. When the movie was over they shipped 6 of them to the tv show and sold off the others. The tv Show rifles had a rough life. They were painted with fake leather straps on the barrels and stocks. They tossed the Bayonets away because the actors keep getting hurt with them (TV actors ). And by the end of the tv series, they were pretty beat.

When you shoot this you usually have follow it by yelling "Cornelius, Zira help me" or "Damn dirty apes" or even "Don't try to follow me I'm pretty handy with one of these"
    Amazing, you just never know what you will see on this forum
    We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union

Amazing, you just never know what you will see on this forum[/QUOTE]

Norton, you beat me to it. I have to admit that's cool. You for sure are not going to run into yourself at the range if you brought that with you.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62guy View Post
    Thanks for the kind words all. Indy, all I can say is try and find a kit now if there are still any left. There are many people doing the builds from the kits if your like me and not a builder. If you are then you need to find a kit now or settle for what some one wants for a finished rifle. I may be wrong but I think these are something we are going to see increase in the future.
    Sir Sage Advise...All belt feds no matter what, all get scarcer.. I just get distracted by shinny bobbles along the way .. And no I am not a builder I did it once and ended up spending more for it in the end then If I just bought one from the best builders at the time.. Speaking of bobbles those semi VZ59s Geez so many paths.

One of my favorite rifles I wanted as a kid... Was one of the ape rifle from the planet of the apes moves..

This is a 2 part aluminum shell with a real m1 carbine inside.. This can and does fire real bullets... The original m1 carbines for the movie were fixed up to cycle with the blanks. But for me it was cheaper and easier to shoot real bullets through it rather then buy blanks and fix up the barrel with the blank adapter. When they made Planet of the apes the original gun shells were made of Balsa wood.. they started with 12 rifles, By the time they were near the end of filming the recoil from the blanks had torn up the shells so badly they were down to one gun that was still screen worthy.. And from what I have been able to piece together it was heavily glued and taped... One of the issues was the shells were cut for a WW II M1 Carbine, and the props guns purchased were later commercial M1 guns that did not fit correctly.

So when they made the Beneath the planet of the apes they ordered 12 hero rifles but decided to make the shells out of Aluminum.. This shell should out live the gun. When the movie was over they shipped 6 of them to the tv show and sold off the others. The tv Show rifles had a rough life. They were painted with fake leather straps on the barrels and stocks. They tossed the Bayonets away because the actors keep getting hurt with them (TV actors ). And by the end of the tv series, they were pretty beat.

When you shoot this you usually have follow it by yelling "Cornelius, Zira help me" or "Damn dirty apes" or even "Don't try to follow me I'm pretty handy with one of these"
    Wow! I have never seen one of these out side of the movie. Thank you for posting the pictures.
    31B

Sir Sage Advise...All belt feds no matter what, all get scarcer.. I just get distracted by shinny bobbles along the way .. And no I am not a builder I did it once and ended up spending more for it in the end then If I just bought one from the best builders at the time.. Speaking of bobbles those semi VZ59s Geez so many paths.
    We will have to sweet talk Buckshot into throwing up a pic of his VZ59 in this thread. I know what you mean so many paths and I'm starting to run out of steps. We have needed something like this thread to get things going and folks talking again. So thanks Scott this might be a lot of fun.

Svd
    Attached Images Attached Images
    31B

Quote Originally Posted by Planning View Post
    Svd
    See What I Mean. This is going to be fun.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Planning View Post
    Svd

Wow nice display . what is the tool under the loose magazine and above the Bayonet??