Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arx100. Should be the gun of spaceforce.

Quote Originally Posted by Combloc View Post
    It in absolutely NOTHING like an AR, being superior in every way that matters IMO.
    Agreed. I'm thinking about another one in FDE. It'll never knock the ar15 off of its throne in this country. Because its different. But I'm hoping once Beretta gets the new plant going good, well start seeing different caliber barrels more parts,etc. I'd really love one a sbr in 300 blk.

Senior Veteran
    That would be nice, 300 blk. SBR'd with a can.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgunguy View Post
    Agreed. I'm thinking about another one in FDE. It'll never knock the ar15 off of its throne in this country. Because its different. But I'm hoping once Beretta gets the new plant going good, well start seeing different caliber barrels more parts,etc. I'd really love one a sbr in 300 blk.
    I was watching a discussion about ARX production in another forum and the general consensus was that they aren't continuing production in TN, instead they are working on bringing a semi PMX to the US market, probably with some kind of brace. Lotta scare over spare parts but apparently military contract overruns will provide the bulk of repair parts.

Don't hold your breath on other calibers. The Italian Government pretty much killed that when they pressured Beretta to get the ARX200 done. The only conversion I know they completed was the 7.62x39, and since that has an auto lower it's unobtanium for most of us. The best thing ya can get is the 5.56 SBR kit (and you can buy a complete SBR for what the barrel costs).
    The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkane View Post
    I was watching a discussion about ARX production in another forum and the general consensus was that they aren't continuing production in TN, instead they are working on bringing a semi PMX to the US market, probably with some kind of brace. Lotta scare over spare parts but apparently military contract overruns will provide the bulk of repair parts.

Don't hold your breath on other calibers. The Italian Government pretty much killed that when they pressured Beretta to get the ARX200 done. The only conversion I know they completed was the 7.62x39, and since that has an auto lower it's unobtanium for most of us. The best thing ya can get is the 5.56 SBR kit (and you can buy a complete SBR for what the barrel costs).
    Yeah. It is the consensus in the 60 odd page thread on another forum. I'm still hopeful though. Now that the ARX is under a grand, more people are buying them. Which will hopefully spur Beretta USA to continue to support the platform. I know it a big dang if. But stranger things have happened. Like Colt finally doing serious marketing to the civilian market.

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgunguy View Post
    Yeah. It is the consensus in the 60 odd page thread on another forum. I'm still hopeful though. Now that the ARX is under a grand, more people are buying them. Which will hopefully spur Beretta USA to continue to support the platform. I know it a big dang if. But stranger things have happened. Like Colt finally doing serious marketing to the civilian market.
    I don't think you'll see Beretta's support dry up, they have been good at supporting discontinued products in the past and when they don't and the aftermarket does they don't chase the issue. It's kind of sad, if this thing had originally been given a street price of $1200 they would have had a hard time keeping up with demand. At a sub 1k price they will sell out for sure.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Senior Veteran
    Just now looking around at prices and availability locally to me. The Academy Sports right down the street from me has 3 of them in stock for $879.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Time will tell. Time will tell. I will remain hopeful though & buy another just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by scottz63 View Post
    Just now looking around at prices and availability locally to me. The Academy Sports right down the street from me has 3 of them in stock for $879.
    after this thread... i went & did some reading & it does appear that this would be a good way to use the AR mags (because im completely getting out of AR's)... the $879 price isnt bad... lots of guns cost that much & ive never bought a Beretta that cheap before...

until i have one in my hands ... wont know for sure on caliber swaps, but usually anything that fits a 5.56 is gonna be a good candidate for a swap... (300blk, 5.45) might be a fun platform to work from & if there is already such a thing as a 7.62x39 version in another country? hmmmmm
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.