Thread: Form 1 DD RPG 7

Form 1 DD RPG 7

My idea based on what I’ve read.

Weld inside (welded at each end) the RPG 7 tube a straight steel tube (rated for black powder charges ) that would act as the new barrel.

The new barrel would have a smaller diameter than a regular RPG7 however all the black powder “rockets” will be made by me.

Extend the firing pin to compensate for the longer distance of barrel material.

The ammo will be based on the RPG 2 Rockets, only a smaller diameter due to the new barrel insert. a black powder charge in a thin cardboard tube that has a primer secured to it. This cardboard tube will be connected to a aluminum rod that will hold the fins for stabilization and is hopefully the reusable part. At the end of the aluminum rod will be the thread adapter which will hold either rubber or 3-d printed inert “warhead”. The plastic ones will contain chalk.

This is the rough shape it’ll have, obviously no explosives. It’ll just be a trainer rocket with more boom compared to the subcal rockets.

For a form 1 Destructive device paperwork, What information do I put down for part 4? What do I write in for caliber, length, manufacturer?

you will be the manufacturer of the weapon, so you would put your name there with city and state you're in. caliber/size would be the diameter of the tube the rocket will be fired from, length would be how long the tube is

since you are the manufacturer of this weapon you would have to engrave, to ATF specs; height and depth of lettering, your name (as manufacturer) location, serial number, model number and caliber/size, just like any manufacture of firearms are required to do, offhand I don't know what the lettering specs are, so you need to research that part
    Last edited by Ghoulardi; 07-15-2018 at 06:07 PM.
    STAY SICK! AND TURN BLUE OVA-DEY!

Senior Veteran
    Johnathan, have you though abut using a subcaliber insert and estes rockets similar to the old LAW trainer? Probably a wee bit safer
    The answer to 1984 is 1776.

I wouldn’t mess with smokeless powder which the rpg 7 originally used. Black powder has a much weaker pressure so I’m certain after several remote tests of over charged loads, it would be safe. I’ll be testing the barrel insert before it’s welded in place to ensure it can handle it