Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Junk Cetme Parts = Bullpup!

Senior Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by holescreek View Post
    Yes, both stocks attach to the back of the buffer using an 1/8" steel plate held on with an original stock bolt that I cut down to be a little bit longer than the threads on the bolt, then I added a cap head screw to the bolt to take an allen wrench. The rubber butt pad serves to cover the bolt sticking out of the buffer.
    Nice!
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

I have followed your projects for a good many years now and I still find myself in awe of your skills and talent. This is just another good reason for me to continue to do so. Thanks for the pics and info. I hope it finishes up for you well. I would have no problem calling it done, but I'm sure you are not.
    For those who fought for it, freedom holds a flavor the protected will never know. Those who hammer their guns into plows-will plow for those who do not. Thomas Jefferson

Do you have any trouble rocking the mags in as they are very close to the forward pistol grip?

Senior Veteran
    As someone addicted to the oddities such as bullpups, I like this one alot...
    PLEASE NOTE!
    No post or message by this user shall be considered legal advice or a legal opinion, and shall not constitute the formation of a client/lawyer relationship. Do not rely on this information in making legal decisions. If you have a legal questions, please seek legal council qualified to practice law in the appropriate jurisdiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwing View Post
    Do you have any trouble rocking the mags in as they are very close to the forward pistol grip?
    I got the grip rearward towards the mag well as far as I could to try to achieve a comfortable length of pull but I am still able to use the forward curving steel Cetme mags. I don't have one in a pic because the rifle won't balance on the bottom of a curved mag. The curved mag almost touches the back of the grip. I finished the suppressor adapter today, hopefully I can get some video tomorrow.

The wood stock is a long story, it started out as a huge block that covered the trigger linkages entirely. Over many revisions it kept getting smaller and smaller. The wood is so thin in places that I had to back up the insides with JB Weld to hold it together. There are several spots on the wood that the JB Weld is showing through from sanding too much. If I decide to use a wood stock I'll need to make a whole new one out of something harder than Philippine Mahogany.

Another option I started considering today is to glue wood vernier on top of the metal butt and staining it to match the hand guard. Eventually I need to fix the cracked handguard too, it was in the junk box so I used it.

20180811_181658s.jpg

20180811_182242s.jpg

20180811_182212s.jpg
    Last edited by holescreek; 08-11-2018 at 06:59 PM.

Senior Veteran
    That looks awesome with the wood stock on it.Very unique and very cool.

I need to see it firing.
    14EH AIT Instructor-PATRIOT Fire Control Enhanced Operator/Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by scottz63 View Post
    That looks awesome with the wood stock on it.Very unique and very cool.

I need to see it firing.
    YUP the wood stock definitely looks better.
    say what you mean & mean what you say!
    TEC Tactical=SOT/07 i work there.

New Recruit Private
    Very cool and interesting project. Boredom is very inspiring! Well the avoidance there of....

"FANTASTIC"
    That is a great looking weapon.

I am a "BIG" fan of using left over parts.
    Your the best here please keep it going.

I enjoy trying to build weapons from left over parts.
    I wish I could finish them all when I get started.

There are a dozen or so in boxes I got started on, but never finished.
    It is always some day...…….

You seem to be able to stay on them to the end.
    Thanks, It give me some hope...…….

Ron
    31B

I took it to the range Sunday and set up my equipment (shooting and camera stuff to make a video), loaded 5 rounds and fired 4. Fifth round went "click". I pulled the bolt apart and the tip of the firing pin had broken off. I found it inside the bolt head at home when I took it apart. By the time I loaded the truck and drove home and then got the firing pin replaced, it started pouring rain.

I've never had a firing pin break before. There's really no way to anticipate it happening. There were other issues with the carrier, like the top tube being loose enough to rotate by hand when the pin for the bolt locking lever was removed, that's why it was in the junk box.

I've got this coming Friday through Monday off, I'll get back to the range and get it sorted out. This time I'll take my small parts box with me.