Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another question for the CETME veterans...

Veteran

Yet another question for the CETME veterans...

Ok...so I have the basic receiver welded up (no trunnion/barrel or cocking tube yet), but have mocked up the assembly several times checking fit, etc. When I install the trigger group and buttstock, there is a gap of about .032 between the lower assembly and the bottom of the curve of the upper receiver...and this gap grows to about .1" at the front of the lower junction with the upper. Not enough to see light through, but it's definitely lower in relationship to the upper receiver near the mag well than it is at the buttstock area. It seems like it's rocking on the nubs that project from the upper receiver that I understand are there to properly space the trigger group from the carrier, etc. What would be the best course of action in dealing with this? I can't bring the front of the lower group up without it rocking on those tabs. Any ideas/suggestions??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SgtHorvak; 08-30-2018 at 10:46 AM.

How long are the nubs on the receiver you're using? On all the ORF flats I'm using they are really long and must be trimmed, on the HK33 flats I got from another company they were sized perfectly.

Take a close look at the placement of the nubs. Their job is to hold the FCG box at the proper height so the hammer gets cocked when the bolt moves rearward. Look at the last photo in this post: http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum...light=tutorial

If yours is rocking with the stock in place it sounds like they need trimmed. Compare the tab length in the first post to the tab length in the last photo and you'll see how much I had to remove from the tabs on an ORF flat. You're flat is probably different, so be careful.

Veteran
    I'm at work right now, and the build is at home, so I can't measure them at the moment, but I can see that the tabs in your picture are much longer than mine. I can tell you that in its current mocked up condition, when I force the carrier back by hand, that the hammer DOES cock and release when the trigger is pulled, and the ejector looks as if it is about where it ought to be in the bolt slot when I view it from the front of the receiver. Thanks...as always.

Veteran
    Here's a quick picture of the overall build so far...merely mocked up at this point.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Veteran
    Well, I need a little advice. Here's what I've found so far. The tabs, or nubs are DEFINITELY shorter than those in Holescreeks picture. If I remove the FCG from the SEF Navy lower that I wanted to use, the rocking with the stock on goes away, and it fits perfectly. The CETME lower WITH FCG installed fits perfectly when the stock is on, however the housing would have to be shaved down to fit the denial shelf...and I really wanted to use the SEF lower, anyway. All this leads me to believe that the issue is between the FCG and the tabs. I certainly don't want to FUBAR my receiver that I've got so much sweat equity in, and it seems to cock ok and the ejector seems to ride in about the right height in the bolt slot.I THINK that if I file either tab/FCG interface area, it should be the rear one, which would seemingly allow the front of the lower to fit up closer to the upper receiver with no rocking. Am I thinking a#@ backwards?? What I kinda thought I would do is just live with the slightly angled lower for now, continue with the build, and once it's finished and shooting, see how it acts. Then, if I need to make adjustments, deal with it then. Suggestions??!!

It's impossible for any of us to give advice without seeing the issue for ourselves. Depending on what I saw I might approach it like this:

Remove the stock and slip the lower on with the FCG inside.
    Check the gap between the rear tang of the housing where the stock slides over and the bottom of the receiver.
    Take that much off the tabs.
    Once the housing and FCG sit right mark your spot to weld on the shelf to hold the front of the FCG up correctly.

Veteran
    Holy Moly!! I didn't realize how HUGE this picture was going to be!! I'm still trying to figure out this whole picture upload feature. This is of the original CETME lower w/FCG installed. I'm trying to upload pics of the SEF lower as well.

Veteran
    20180901_113225.jpgThis is the SEF lower with FCG installed.

Veteran
    20180901_114350.jpg This is obviously the SEF lower without the FCG installed. It fits fine...it's only with the FCG installed that it produces the gap near the mag well. All of these pictures are with the stock installed, but I had to drop the pictures significantly to get them to upload. And ALL of the various lower combinations fit closely to the curve in the upper with stock installed near the rear. Only the SEF w/FCG gaps away from the same curve of the upper receiver towards the front.