Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet another question for the CETME veterans...

Oh yeah, there might be a simple solution. I bet your trigger pack isn't sitting all the way into the lower!

There are 4 tabs inside the SEF housing that the 4 notches in the FCG pack fit into. One of the rear tabs is too wide for a Cetme pack. I ran into this a couple months ago and widened the notch in the pack to fit. The problem is I can't remember whether it was a German pack going into a Cetme Lower or a Cetme pack going into a German lower, just that there was interference that needed adjusting.
    Last edited by holescreek; 09-01-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by holescreek View Post
    Oh yeah, there might be a simple solution. I bet your trigger pack isn't sitting all the way into the lower!

There are 4 tabs inside the SEF housing that the 4 notches in the FCG pack fit into. One of the rear tabs is too wide for a Cetme pack. I ran into this a couple months ago and widened the notch in the pack to fit. The problem is I can't remember whether it was a German pack going into a Cetme Lower or a Cetme pack going into a German lower, just that there was interference that needed adjusting.
    Well, I thought about that, but I decided that I was off in left field since the safety lever goes through the receiver with the FCG installed, and the FCG that is in the HK SEF lower is the HK FCG.

I clearly didn't think it through. The lever is in so it has to be clearing the pads. I guess you're on your own!

Veteran
    I thought I had the market cornered on not thinking things through!!! I think I'll just install the Navy SEF lower as it is, and continue the build. While I'm at it, I'll work on getting the CETME lower shaved to fit the denial shelf as a contingency plan. I'll try shooting it once it's finished with the SEF lower, and see what happens. I appreciate your advice!

Veteran
    Well, so I got MOST of the welding done last night. All that's left to weld is the rear sight base and the rear receiver strengthening weldment with the bushings. I am pretty stoked!! The bolt gap measures .019, the bolt opens pretty easily with the cocking handle, and dummy rounds feed/extract/eject reliably from 3 of my G3 mags. The front sight still needs soldering, and the take down pin holes need drilled. It's been a long 5 1/2 months, but I'm feeling really good about it at this point. The welds still need prettied up, obviously, but she's ALMOST there!!

Veteran
    Well, I ain't having any luck uploading the pictures that I intended to display...but I'll keep working on uploading them!

Veteran
    Finally...had to shrink the pictures ALOT...but here are a few of my nearly finished CETME
    Attached Images Attached Images

Veteran
    Yeah, I know...I OBVIOUSLY ain't a welder. But they seem solid enough, and I'm confident that they will do the intended job.

Nothing a 4" flap wheel can't fix!

Veteran
    Ah, there's hope yet!!! Home Depot, here I come!!